Sign in to follow this  
dan

Stainless Steel Bonnet Lifters

Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these for my VR6?

I can get the one for the G60 but, apparently there different.

Can anybody help?

what makes them differant is the weight of the vr6 bonnett when i spoke to a few manufactures they said at presant they did not do them for the vr6 this was around 9 mts ago now so there could now be some on the market??

i do know people that have fitted the early bonnett ones on late bonnets but please do so at you own risk as they wern't made for them and might not hold the weight of the bonnett up!!!"you have been warned!!lol

Cheers Darren,

I think I'll wait to see if the VR6 one's come on the market.

Just watch this space then...

yes there is some difference between the hinge mechanismof the g60 and vr6. An american guy has been saying he's make some. I'll keep you posted.

Niko

I just bought one at inters, she said it's for the VR6. Not sure how it fits on though, any ideas would be great.

i think they sold loads of these @ inters u brought the one that fits in the middle right? bananaman has one of these so he will be able to point ya in the right direction on fitting it!!

Hi Niko, nice to see you on here mate!

Your motor still going well in Funland?

I have bonnet lifters on my VR6 and have no trouble, I fitted 1 to start with and that held the VR bonnet in the up position then with 2 fitted it is firmly held and the wind doesn't push it down, these were £19.99 from ECP and were for a Golf MkIII, a good mod as it takes the bonnet up to the stop limit thus opening a good bit higher with no obstruction from prop!

Chris