Sign in to follow this  
iggi

16V GEARBOX CABLES

ANYONE OUT THERE SUFFERED A SNAP IN THEIR CABLES ON THE GEARBOX END ON A 1.8 16V? THE CABLE WITH THE SQUARE TYPE HOOK THAT FIXES ROUND A RUBBER BLOCK, IF THAT MAKES SENSE! DO I HAVE TO GET A NEW CABLE? HOW MUCH ARE THEY? BUGGER TO FIT? I STILL HAVE THE BITS OF THE OLD END. COULD THESE BE WELDED? HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE! HELP!

hi

if its what i think

think you can do a temp fix with a bit of wire, but yeah all new cables (both) from the gearstick down.. online breakers are a good source, mate of mine got it for about 70 a while ago

ben

cant be bothered with temp fix. i have jammed in it 2nd a mo. only gonna drive it to my mechanics like that! gutted cos i was gonna nail it over snake pass on sat on way to elsecar gti meet! ah well, will just have to give my birds 3cylinder corsa a workout! will see how much new and then check out braekers. cheers. any more help?

cant be bothered with temp fix. i have jammed in it 2nd a mo. only gonna drive it to my mechanics like that! gutted cos i was gonna nail it over snake pass on sat on way to elsecar gti meet! ah well, will just have to give my birds 3cylinder corsa a workout! will see how much new and then check out braekers. cheers. any more help?

if you search the forum you'll find some threads relating to this, the mk3 golfs with the cable change box, i.e. the bigger engined cars, 2.0, 16v, VR6 - all use the same cables as the Corrado, Passat ones are longer.

David.

i managed to pick a pair up today from only vw in blackburn. £40! bargain. thanks for help!