Sign in to follow this  
willg

door leaking water

couple of questions if anyone can help.

when it rains the passenger door fills with water and i almost sure it comes through the horizontal door/window seal.

a) does any no who could fix it

b) has any one got the same problem and rectified it

c) anyone know of any part number i am really that bad when it comes to finding part numbers

thanks

Will

95 VR6

The doors are designed so that any water passing the seal (quite normal) drains out through the holes in the bottom! VW wax treated the doors inside so they shouldn't rust. Holes could be blocked? Is the water leaking inside the car itself? If so the door's waterproof membrane probably needs resealing/replacing.

thanks for the help. Water is not soaking the carpet in anyway, i replaced the heater matrix just yesterday in fact.

The problem is i think water is running down the windo and past the outer window seal and building up in the door. When i opened the door yesterday water started poooring out of the bottom - through the holes in the bottom of the door.

colinstubbs reckons this is normal and the door can cope with it because of the wax waterproofing.

problem being i think there may be too much water getting through the seal and there is signs of the paint starting to bubble.

Do you think it is the case of just rewaxing the inner door then

cheers

Will

Yeah it'll be the weather strip bit that butts up against the window. It is a common problem for it to warp. Water should fall through though assuming the holes in the bottom aren't blocked.

Don't think anyone has sorted out the weather strip problem yet, do a search.

The dealers?! :lol:

Got a feeling they aren't cheap though and a bit of a hassle to fit...