Sign in to follow this  
G Unit

Twisted firestarter

Ok, Here my story. After owning various VWs I decided to get the daddy and buy a Corrado. After searching for a decent one at the right price, I found a H reg 16v in pearl blue ( wicked colour!!). The car was immaculate and my new pride and joy. Anyway after about 5 months the engine blew up ( bottom end went). I was half expecting this anyway cos it had 160,000 on da clock. So I saw it as the perfect time to drop a G60 lump in! ( and a couple of other little mods like astra GTE digi clocks) The new engine keeped me smiling for weeks! ( itz all about the noise!)

But after a few weeks my magic touch kicked in. I was racing a mate in a 16v, and needless to say I left him, but as i pulled up at the lights I noticed smoke gushin through the vents. I shit meself. Pulled over anyway, opened the bonnet wnd found the bloody soundproofing was one fire! Luck has it the fire didn't spread to bad and i managed to put it out quik time. But it made a dirty mess of me new lump.

Anyway ( sorry story don't end there) after that scare the G60 continue to run sweet and took me all over the place and we had hours of fun. That was all unit sound blind cunt decieded to try his hand at moddin my front end with his piece of shit Mitsihbushi.

Goodbye Pearl Blue Corrado :cry:

Anyway it wasn't all over Insurance paid out (eventually) so it was time for next ride which could be nothing less than a corrado G60. ( I'm hooked on da charger!)

Found a white ( Hmm!!) G60 with 120,000 on da clock n again immaculate,

Drove it a few months, hours of fun etc, etc. Then......... Boom!!!

One sunny day, ( typical sunday, wash da car, put on shorts, head to the park, check out the hunnies!) I pulled out my drive and drove down to my mates which is about 20 house down the road, stopped the car and BANG,

The whole front of the car was covered in flames. A fuel line had burst and ignighted in the heat,. The flame so intense that the little fire extingusher i had did f*k all.

Anyway to get to the point I've now got a Shiny white G60 with heavy engine fire damage. Insurance wont pay out so im stuck with the car.

Can someone give me sum advice? Is it worth me repairing the car? If so does anyone know where I can get a G60 loom and charger pipes? And how likely is it that the charger is knackerd?

Thats a long story, Direct debit issues with my bank caused it but it basically comes down the insurance been general arseholes.

:mad: :mad:

i'd look into legal action and get the insurance to cover it. if its that you didn't have the cash, or the bank didn't give permission for the insurance company to take the cash, then you weren't covered and you're out of luck.

really sorry to hear about the fuel line breaking... a little late to say now, but this is why every G60 owner should check/replace those lines, relocate the firehazard ground strap and be very conscious of a potential fire.

as for salvaging it.. depends how far gone she is. good luck is all i have to say!

don't let insurance bugger you if you were formally covered. they screw us our entire lives.. so when something goes wrong and the tables turn, you gotta follow through and get your cash. there's enough people defrauding the system on faulty claims... if you have a real claim its plain robbery not to follow through with it, legally or otherwise.