Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Changed these still the same noise????????

hi lads i have recently changed wheel bearings cv joints but still get this kinda of knocking/brushing noise coming from the front left i know its the passenger side as it only does it when taking a right hander and mildy on the straight as the weight is on that side at these points! has anyone got any ideas as its really starting to annoy ive been out there most of day today and really havent got a clue!

yeah i got that idea but ive already got a squeal from the brakes and when i put the brake on that stops! but there is still the brushing/knocking sound there!

whats the best way to untick the caliper/brake pad?

cheers andy

I'd be looking in the direction of either the wishbone rear bush or the two anti-roll bar bushes on that side. Get under the car with a big levering bar and pull some stuff about!

Have a loot at the outer edge of the disc for signs of it rubbing on the caliper carrier. Worn bearings cause the hub to move when cornering but as you've done the bearings, shouldn't be the case, but there may be a chance the bearing wasn't pressed in far enough? Not sure.... sounds strange, hope you sort it!

kev it is seriosuly strange! flusted is coming round on monday hopefully we will have some more sucess! i will look at all the things you guys have mentioned if anyone else has any ideas go for it! how can i losen the pad of?

also should the disc run freely in the pad or should there be quite alot of resistance!

did you put plenty of copper grease on the relavent areas and check the caliper and pads could slide back and forth properly?