Sign in to follow this  
jackroo

G60 Rebuild or New Charger?

Hi there I have been offered a really shitty looking Corrado, however its dirt cheap. I am most worried about the no charger history. Can all chargers be rebuilt? Even when truly shagged? I would just rather get a Corrado and know its shagged and have an Idea how much I will have to pay on it rather than get one which is supposedly sound but its actually a nail. I might be able to get this 1 for £1600 and would like to take it to Jabba and spend about £1000 on it getting the engine tuned up, another £1500 for any other mechanical problems.

I have not seen driven it yet but hope to some time this week, what’s the best way to see if the charger has gone? Will the car still drive? I know it’s a lame question but I am not sure if there is something in particular I should be looking for.

honestly if you have that kind of money why buy one that is in great need of work? but a good one... and then you can get down to those fine details and be overjoyed with the car

This Corrado has a great spec, is stupidly cheap for what you get for your money too! you don't waste you money on mods as some are done, still the ability to tune up more, spend the money on the mentioned body work! Even when you buy this car and have to get the chager done theres 400... so effectively a £2000 car anyway, which will probably need more work doing to it anyway as the most important part hasn't been touched.

Its a no brainer :wink:

if i may add, i am sure i saw another corrado on forum, g60 going for 1650, but its in white, don't know if its your colour hehe

oh yeah really like the Corrado u have for sale mate, but when I drove one the other with 92k on the clock and had just had new clutch/ charger rebuild for £2800 I could not justify saving £600 quid for a car that has done over 160k. I really dont want a car with such high mileage to be honest.

Everyone should buy my car :D

jackroo, AFAIK not all superchargers can be rebuilt, however you won't know whether its beyond ecomonical repair or not until you open it up and have a look at the condition inside. If theres no history of a charger rebuild then you have to add £400 to the price of the car straight away to get one done, otherwise it could end up costing you around £700-£1000 for a new one. You can do a boost test to give some indication of what condition the superchargers in, but this won't necessarily tell the whole story (see buyers guide for how to do a boost test)

That means the corrado you're looking at will actually cost you £2000, which isn't all that cheap, unless its otherwise good condition, which by the way you've described it, it isn't. Also don't go to Jabba to get the charger rebuilt, get it done at G-Werks, and if you're looking for more power, again G-Werks is the place to go. Jabba don't have the best reputation on these forums.