Sign in to follow this  
**stan**

HELP!!

The standard system performs very well, although it's a bit on the expensive side from the dealers. Its been discussed a few times on here and I think the general consensus was that theres no major power gains to be had with an aftermarket system, just cosmetics and burble. For the price of a standard system from VW you can get something bespoke, and that would also allow you to get a cat by-pass (make sure you keep the cat section for mot time ;)) which'll give you a bit more grunt.

if you DO go to powerflow be very carefull, theres been some real horror stories about terrible welding and workmanship.

chris, stan i havent personally been to powerflow so im not gonna comment but maybe if you have any mates that have had custom zorsts made at a certain place and they are happy with it then that should be ok! word of mouth is something i regard very highly! im ditching my decat pipe soon and going straight through only one box before back box! will be interesting but its purely because i have a rattle in the decat pipe when hot and i have no idea whats causing it unless the baffle's have gone! but like chris said an exhaust is never gonna make a huge difference unless mated with a 4 branch manifold!