Sign in to follow this  
DipsVW

New Member. All Help Appreciated. WHISTLING Engine

Hi All. Encountered a small Prob on the motorway the other Day. had my music up loud and when the track changed and music went off, heard the engine Whistling away Like a Kettle. Still driving OK - No loss in Vacuum Boost. but very loud whistling. Any suggestions?

Oh and also, the cars done 89000 on the clock but not History. Runs superb but the vacuum gauge dnt wanna go higher than 0.2 On warm idling, its on about -0.5. Is this common?

welcome to the foum mate!

The guys are gonna need to know what engine you have before they can give you and advise!

Guessin its a g60?

Have you checked for oompah loompahs under the bonnet? they like a whistle :)

oh and welcome.

does it only whistle whilst you are listning to da sounds by Rolf Harris & Val Doonican :lol:

lol @ oompah loompas. Is that technical code language for an engine compartment. No Oompah Loompas as yet. But did find the neighbours cat sleeping in the engine bay once

Funnily enough no. I cant hear the car whistling to Rolf n Val but it certainly whistles between tracks when they stop siingin

I can only assume it's related to the charger/induction system, is there an air filter actually in the filter housing?

Unexplained noises like that would drive me mad/madder :nuts:

Maybe some of the guys with G60's can give you some more relevant ideas.

Good luck.

hmm whereabouts would the pipe have to go. The whistle seems to behind the inlet manifold

hmm found summing here. Sounds like the Idling screw has popped. How do I go about replacing this with a new one if the old O'ring is still inside

I'll lock this thread as it's getting a bit confusing :lol:

Your questions seem to be getting answered in here :)