Sign in to follow this  
tonertron

Front speaker question.

I was wondering........the front door speaker are not working in my corrado.....they werent when I bought it. The tweeters are fine, but the rears need changing as well.

To keep costs down, I was going to chuck the JBL 4x6 speakers in the rear, but I was wondering........rather than go the expense of getting a set of component speakers, would it be really crap to have a set of 2 ways in the door, and still have the tweeters in the dash???

I know I'm being a cheep fecker......but I wanted know from a technical perspective if this was ok to do, rather than from an audiophile one.

a '91 valver may not have door speakers at all, if your dash speakers are mid-range and not small tweeters then you still have the basic 16v setup, nothing in the doors.

I was wondering........the front door speaker are not working in my corrado.....they werent when I bought it. The tweeters are fine, but the rears need changing as well.

To keep costs down, I was going to chuck the JBL 4x6 speakers in the rear, but I was wondering........rather than go the expense of getting a set of component speakers, would it be really crap to have a set of 2 ways in the door, and still have the tweeters in the dash???

I know I'm being a cheep fecker......but I wanted know from a technical perspective if this was ok to do, rather than from an audiophile one.

a '91 valver may not have door speakers at all, if your dash speakers are mid-range and not small tweeters then you still have the basic 16v setup, nothing in the doors.

]

There are speakers in the doors......they just dont work, and so need replacing.

It depends on what sort of sounds you want. For cheapness, use a personal hi-fi with headphones! 2-way in the door will be better, low cost components better.......

I used the entry level Magnat components in door & dash (£50) with 6x9's in the rear shelf (£50), much better than the JBL's!

my advice would be too spend more on a set of front comps and a pair of cheap ish 6x9's in the rear... since i changed to a set of focal comps in the front the sound difference even with cheap ish 6x9's is much better.... look on ebay get some 2nd hand ones and save yourself a small fortune!!!