Sign in to follow this  
Talc

Friend looking for a car...

A friend at work is looking for a new car, got £12K absolute max to spend and was hoping on a mk4 r32 if the prices came down on release of the mk5, but the mk4 seems to have clung on to an £18K price tag on good mileage...

thought id post up here for him, see what you guys would get as an alternative...

main requirements are: pretty rapid, room in the boot for a large dog, and a pretty low mileage for the money...

ideas please!

cheers!

i just got a 52 plate audi s3 and is the bussines is pure quality!!! i got it for 11k!!!!

the 225 model its very quick alot morequick than my old vr6!!!!

Won't be a popular suggestion here, but what about a Scooby Impreza estate (wagon). £12k will get him a good 03-04 WRX with PPP (0-60 4.9s, 155mph, 265bhp) and possibly with the rare sunroof and leather option. He did say he wanted rapid :lol: If he has a really big dog then the Forester S-Turbo is a stunningly quick car for its size. I'd really love a Forester STi for my next car but they can't be got for less than £22k at the mo' :(