Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Buying a corrado

Good news!! I sold my car today and am now looking for my first corrado properley.

After reading up a bit more its looking more like i might get a g60 after all. The insurance infact works out cheaper than the 2.0 16v, and the fuel consumption is better, and i like the whine of a supercharger :D and its quick as funk. Only trouble is they're harder to track down than valvers, and my budget is about 2250 absolute tops wanna be spending about 2k as its only my 3rd car.

Now i'm aware of the pre viewing service offered and i think i will be taking advantage of this as i know nothing about corrado's :)

Nice one! Corrado insurance is a bit odd, with the 8v being in a higher group than the 1.8 16v, and the 2.0 16v being 17 with the G60. Strange.

Who told you fuel consumption was better in a G60?!!! No chance!

Reckon you could find a decent one for your budget, but you may need to be quite patient.

The insurance infact works out cheaper than the 2.0 16v, and the fuel consumption is better

Errr...not sure about that matey :? , g60's are pretty thirsty animals.

just purchased my first c yesterday! went with the g60, managed to find a good one through a friend of a friend! good luck with the hunt grimmy!

just purchased my first c yesterday! went with the g60, managed to find a good one through a friend of a friend! good luck with the hunt grimmy!

slap some pics up when you get the chance just_say_meth, let us all admire your purchase :thumbleft:

In the knowledge base it says that the 2.016v overall consumption is 29-31 mpg, and the g60 is 32mpg. Not alot in it i know but it was enough to sway my dads opinion of g60's, coupled with the extra torque and bhp my dad now thinks i should get the g60 over the 2.016v :D

Not sure when i'll be able to track down a decent one though :(

The knowledge base is wrong :lol:

Had a G60 & 2x 2.0 16v (third on the way 8) ).

Long motorway-type journeys:

G60 typically 34-36mpg

Valvers typically 35-39mpg

Around town/short journeys:

G60: mid twenties

Valvers: Late twenties

Not much in it really, but over time you notice the difference in your pocket.

Not sure when i'll be able to track down a decent one though :(

Just keep your eyes peeled on here- plenty of good cars come up for sale. Just be prepared to be patient, and drive as many as you can :D

Will do gaz, waiting for the rain to disappear then i'll get some photos up! might be a while then eh?!

:lol: i know exactly what you mean fella, i`ve had the good fortune to visit your part of the world on many occaisions :lol: