Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Gearbox mount

Im changing the knackered gearbox mount on my '90 valver. Ive used the search and found that people are using the Mk2 Golf diesel mount but there doesnt seem to be any part numbers or years mentions so I just want to check :wink:

Is this the right one to buy from GSF tomorrow

31146 GEARBOX MOUNTING-REAR G2 1.6 Turbo Diesel 8/83 >10/91

Cheers J

Im changing the knackered gearbox mount on my '90 valver. Ive used the search and found that people are using the Mk2 Golf diesel mount but there doesnt seem to be any part numbers or years mentions so I just want to check :wink:

Is this the right one to buy from GSF tomorrow

31146 GEARBOX MOUNTING-REAR G2 1.6 Turbo Diesel 8/83 >10/91

Cheers J

Nope, golf 2's use the rod change box so the mount is different, the front diesel golf engine mount can be used on a 4 cyl corrado but I'd just get a standard gearbox mount, same as passat, there is a passat diesel gearbox mount though too.

Incidentally, I bought a new gearbox mount for mine, but I couldn't see anything wrong with the old one when I got it out (120,000 miles)

David.

lol I must have gotten the wrong end of the stick :lol: Ill get the std one tomorrow then 8)

When I went to GSF a couple of months ago they didn't list a gearbox mount for the Corrado so I took the Mk2 Golf one instead as it looked the same. It fitted but lasted 150 miles. I guess it wasn't up to the job. You're better off going for a genuine one or a quality after-market part like Vibra-Technics.

When I went to GSF a couple of months ago they didn't list a gearbox mount for the Corrado so I took the Mk2 Golf one instead as it looked the same. It fitted but lasted 150 miles. I guess it wasn't up to the job. You're better off going for a genuine one or a quality after-market part like Vibra-Technics.

Has anyone got the part No for the dealers then :D

I've got both gearbox and front mounts from GSF, they've been on for a couple of years and are fine, plus I'm running a little more power than standard.

I think the quality of GSF parts was higher a couple of years ago. A lot of the stuff I've had more recently has been utter cack.

The mount I bought from GSF (recommended by darren from G-Werks 1 month ago) is the Golf MK2 TDI one, although I have the VR6.

Mines fine and it's stronger than the standard one.

You mean the Mk2 GTD? I don't think the Mk2 ever got a direct injection diesel engine.

Maybe it's an isolated incident and I just got a mount from a dodgy batch. The rear mount was also pants though and is causing serious vibration.

Just be sure to get a German quality made one.

It´s easy to find them on eBay.de

Shipping is not that expensive neither are they! :)