Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Corado advice please

........... might be an idea to have more of a look around, i`d definately would want to keep £500 back for the enivitable rebuild on the charger, might not need it now but it will sooner rather than later tbh, the charger history is a bit vauge, i`d take it as a warning :rabiit:

I'm in no hurry to be honest......think i'll give this one a miss.....will be looking at two next weekend hopefully anyways

I'm in no hurry to be honest......think i'll gie this one a miss.....

might be a wise move fella, i`ll expect to have a newbie describing the " problems he`s having with his new c and could it be the charger " in the very near future :lol:

a charger rebuild is not too much hassle if it's alright otherwise and the price is right......it would just be the annoyance of not being able to drive it that would wind me up.

anyways ......i shall continue the search

Can anyone do a HPI check on hear ????? Found a lovely corrado but owner said car had a prang 8 yrs ago at rear and was repaired through insurance. Rekons its not on the register ???? J558 KBD

cheers

Right guys just seen all the critcisms!

I'm the bloke selling the red G60 on ebay! I joined this forum a short while ago but never got round to putting it on! I just like to say that i am not a dealer and that i part ex'd the corrado for a nissan 180sx which a friend of mine wanted off me but didn't have tha cash at the time. Also i thoughtit would be easier to sell a corrado than a battered 180sx! my mate put the corrado on The sxoc website and his name is mightymini so if you want to check it out please do! There is no evidence of the charger being rebuilt so i'm not trying to pull a fast one etc.... I am selling it now as i have a peugeot 306 gti as a daily run around and am building a westfield. I can' t afford to keep it and haven't got time if i were to keep it and sell the 306 to keep it in a good condition. I'd rather it went to somebody who will treat it with respect rather than some boy racer run it into the ground! Please ask any questions u like and i will answer honnestly!

Nice to see you come on here and identify yourself... Helps clear things up! You can't deny peoples opinions, Unfortunately there are alot of people out there trying to get rid of nails as they've stung with rubbish and only want to pass it on... Shame really!!! Also when a car passes through 2 hands in the space of 1yr of course its not a clear cut a an owner, who's had it for past couple of years, spent a fortune on it but now needs to sell for something more practical.....

I'm sure it will all go well in the end

I totally understand all of the comments! If only i put it on here to start with, hind seight is a wonderfull thing! Since i know you are genuine i wouldn'y mind taking it to newquay. Its just as you can see from my point of view it would be so easy for you to time waste living up in brum! I 've been messed about before on ebay so i'm sorry if i appeared a bit unhelpfull!

Ok sorted, If you can PM Walesy in this thread. If you take the car to him he's gonna check it out for me...

J558 KBD. I have asked work for an HPI report and it is coming up clear as far as damage is concerned. It has finance showing on the report - (Hoo Poe Finance). This is probably finished by now as it was taken out as HP on 7.01.00 over a period of 48 months. Perhaps a call to the finance house is in order, just to confirm that they have no further interest in the deal. The vehicle has had 5 previous owners.

Just viewed the red G60 - Looks to be an honest car , would need a full service and charger rebuild , the engine had been steam cleaned but when I asked Pete if the charger leaked oil he said it did a bit , so it needs to be sent away ASAP. It was also running a bit hot (100deg) and had a bit of a squeak coming from the cam belt/tensioner area so like I said it will need a full service at least IMO.

The seller seemed to be an honest enough bloke, the car's had paint due to a bump at some point but he's got the info on that - there's no rust and the paint is not pink at all.

It drove really nicely, pulled pretty well and the steering felt true - with no knocks etc

It's difficult viewing a car for someone else , epecially as i'm by no means a mechanic :lol: .. but if I was looking for a G60 i'd buy it at the right price.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Walesy enough respect for viewing the G60!!! As a consesus what sort of value would you all say to be fair taking into consideration Walesy's report ????