Sign in to follow this  
bighands

16v injectors Will one of em fit?!

Gunna replace these with the new engine cos fairly sure the current ones just drip in the fuel!!

But i remember someone saying that merc ones were better, and slightly cheaper, so just quicky as to what merc ones these were, and are they just a straight swap?

Cheers

I replaced the injectors in my 16v with standard ones from GSF (£137 all in) at 120k miles. The difference in starting and running was day and night. I looked into the Mercedes ones at the time and there was a reason I didn't bother...but I can't remember what it was!

LOL i saw that as well, and the price is amazing, nearly half of GSF!!!!

Now if only someone can advise if these will fit, i could save a lot of people a lot of money :-)

they look very similar to the spare set ive got for my 16v.... for that sort of money wouldnt it be worth trying em??

I have e mailed them and asked if there bosch ones, doubt they are, but lot of the other injectors seem to be, but they state that there . . would of thought they would do the job, just bit of worry as they dont state any VW fitments, so no one no's if any of the merc ones listed are the models that have the suitable replacement ones for VW's!?

Right they have e mailed me back and said they ARE bosch ones, result :-)

So now i suppose i will have to order a set and see if they fit, i think they should as they look the same, still can't believe how cheap they are!!

Right they have e mailed me back and said they ARE bosch ones, result :-)

So now i suppose i will have to order a set and see if they fit, i think they should as they look the same, still can't believe how cheap they are!!

are you going to pop over to pick them up? :)

interesting how much the postage would be, and what about TAX?

The postage is a tenner, and takes 5 days, and no mention of any tax ect think beacuse its exported it will avoid the austrailian tax, imagine they will just label it a present or something!

So its about 60 odd quid for 4 delivered!

If i had the funds and knew they fitted, i think we could get them down to a tenner each with a group buy, and think a LOT of valvers would be interested think shifting 100 would be easy!?

They look the same, I won't get the new seals until Tuesday or so, then I'll have a better idea if they work!

The Thread at the top fits the fuel pipe. But I'm not sure if it is an insert at the bottom of the injector!

It is the cheap £12 injector by the way!!

the bottom one just pulls off i believe...

I'd rather buy a new seal/insert, just in case I ruin the present one taking it off! It seems to be on the injector rather tight.

I didn't bother sticking anything on the end of my injectors because I didn't want to break the old ones. The car runs perfectly.

The injector is fitted and working a treat! Now to buy another 3!!

The insert on the bottom did come off - remove the lower O-ring and applied some heat to it (careful it still holds fuel!) and it will pull off!

I'll buy and fit another 3 injectors - and see if they are OK. Only then will I know if there is a power drop (or gain), or excess fuel consumption.

Ah ive been holiday the past week so only just seen this!

Nice one fella, havent got round to even ordering these yet as the engineers STILL have my head, 4 weeks now, no i said there was no rush but?!? But nice to have one less bill for when i can start putting the big jigsaw back together!!

Looks like these could be proper bargin, im chuffed about that as this is actually one of the biggest expenses in rebuilding everything!!

Suprising what half hour scouting around for cheaper things can turn up!!

Thats good, for a U.K company, and another pound cheaper than the austrailian company, Look after the pennys . . .

Just bought 4 Injectors from e-bay - in Sealed Mercedes parts bags. Incl postage and packing £28! That's an even better saving!!!

I'll fit the other 3 this weekend! I had already bought and fitted the other injector for £13 on its own!