Sign in to follow this  
localhost.80

g60 smelling gas

Hello ever since I bought my 1990 corrado g60 a year ago I have been smelling gas from the trunk of my car. also each time I drive my car and change gears the gas needle move up and down. I just changed the fuel pump but still getting that problem. One more thing when I put fuel on my car and set the lock on the pump it doesn't stop fueling and starts pouring fuel out gas tank.

Pull up the carpet in the boot (trunk) and you should see the plate that covers the access to the fuel tank. Firstly is it screwed down? Secondly is the filter and ball cock (ie where the fuel gauge reader is) screwed into the top of the fuel tank properly. would suggest it is not and that is why you are getting the smell and the fluctuation on your guage

Pull up the carpet in the boot (trunk) and you should see the plate that covers the access to the fuel tank. Firstly is it screwed down? Secondly is the filter and ball cock (ie where the fuel gauge reader is) screwed into the top of the fuel tank properly. would suggest it is not and that is why you are getting the smell and the fluctuation on your guage

Thirdly...Don't smoke whilst doing this job :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have checked fuel pump and it seems that the fuel pump was not screwed down but floating around, currently I have set it down and locked it down by twisting clockwise and align to marking. Is screws required?

Is screws required?

Nope, it just is held to the bottom of the tank by the bayonett-lock mechanism.

Tempest