Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Tyres for D90's

Ok 1st things 1st, i dont no what width these D90's are?

There my college lecturers, he giving them to me for free! but then again he has a 911 Turbo so isnt short of money! :lol:

So i dont know what width they are,could be 7",8" or indeed 9" , he doesnt know either!

But i have the chance to get sum cheap tyres off a friend of a friend, they are '195 40 16's

What width would be acceptable for these tyres?

TIA!

rite cheers, hows the ride and handling then?

Has any1 dared put a 40 profile on a 8"?

it is a 'bit' crashy jenks m8,and when thrown round tight/hard bends it creates a bit of understeer...but it can be lived with and got used to.

neil.

jenks its up to you. But I found that a 195 tyre on a 7" wide wheel means the corners are rounded off, whereas the 205's felt much much better. I'd say a 195, although it fits many widths, is best for a 6.5j - imo

LOVE those wheels - how lucky are you

ive got 195/45/16 on my d90's, perfect for me, mikeg60 has got 195/40/16 on his and they look sweet. i would have gone for 40's but i couldnt get tyre fitters to fit them.

yeah got the 195/40s on mine! got a very nice stretch indeed, they do look awesome, although i may change to 205/40s when i next change tyres as i think this will give me better overall grip and more confidence when turning into a corner....theres not much tyre wall with the 195/40s :)