Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

EAGLE F1 -

EAGLE F1 GS-D3 195/50 R15

£36 Delivered!!!!!!

They are 195-50-15, so on standard speedy's would these fit without any drawbacks?

They'll fit. But they're not the specified weight rating for the VR6, so technically they aren't legal ..

Of course I doubt anyone will notice or give a monkeys, but YMMV.

Oh and given that they're not yourtyres.net, they're based in germany and it'll take a week for you to get your tyres! No good if you're in a hurry.

So there could be a safety issue?

Especially as it would be normal at the back and these at the front?

They will almost certainly be fine (safety margins are very high), but a particularly pedantic MOT tester might pick it up and fail the car for not having the right tyre ratings.

Each front wheel on a VR6 carries ~450 kg weight. I don't see how the slightly extra weight from the engine means it needs wider tyres compared to the other models, but that's what VW said, so you might, maybe, just possibly run into issues, though it's highly unlikely.

They will almost certainly be fine (safety margins are very high), but a particularly pedantic MOT tester might pick it up and fail the car for not having the right tyre ratings.

Each front wheel on a VR6 carries ~450 kg weight. I don't see how the slightly extra weight from the engine means it needs wider tyres compared to the other models, but that's what VW said, so you might, maybe, just possibly run into issues, though it's highly unlikely.

:lol: my old 1.6 mk4 has 175's as standard and weighs in it the same as a VR6

:lol: my old 1.6 mk4 has 175's as standard and weighs in it the same as a VR6

The pure width of the tyre is not the factor. It's the weight rating. The "86V" on a 205/50/15.

The pure width of the tyre is not the factor. It's the weight rating. The "86V" on a 205/50/15.

These are rated as 82V.

I wont say because of Darth Mods!

But what I will say is that they're not YOUR tyres!

Sorry, but why would we care?!

Moving to Suppliers.

Personal feeling is - I wouldn't do it.

I know plenty of people would and it would probably be fine.. And the Eagle F1 is a good tyre, so it might even be worth the risk ..

But personally, no. I wouldn't.

Im really not understanding why it would be a problem for mytyres to be mentioned, or why its a problem if this is put in suppliers?

good weather doing funny things to people :lol:

A question was asked, which now seems to have been duly answered. As the thread now seems to be more about YOUR tyres :lol: it seems to be more of a supplier discussion.

The main forums (Engine, Exterior, Interior etc) are technical forums.