Sign in to follow this  
Princess Leia

leaky black box???

HI people, I was showing some friends my car today and one of them poped the bonnet, to have a look at it all, and pointed out that there is a leak on this big black box that sits at the front of the car. DO any of you know what this is and if it should be leaking. if so how do I fix it???

thanks in advance.

PL :D

Don't worry about being more specific, it shouldn't leak and you will need a new one unless of course R2D2 can fix it somehow? - just go to your local dealer and ask for the 'big black box' for a corrado, they'll know what you mean.

There not expensive but if you take someone with Jedi powers with you they can use mind control so you get it for free!

i think whats ment here could be the muffeler box on the g60 "looked through other jedi posts" if soo this should not leak but as with a number of others i have seen recently this is not an uncommon thing this can be replaced buy and aliminuim outlet which will never leak again...

ahhh cheers guys sorry about being a bit vauge but to me all it looks like is a big black box that leaks. what exactly does it do then? I had a better look at it and there is a big pipe coming of it and I think it afixes to the supercharger??? am I right in saying this? and does it affect anything else if its leaking then?

PL :D

well if its to the right of the supercharger then its the silencer box. this is a two piece black box with a pipe coming out of it leading to the intercooler. if it is leaking then it is most likely leaking air. there will be some oil in there as well and there may be some of that coming out of the bottom. leaking air will only reduce the boost from the supercharger and you may suffer some performance.

there are people like Darrin (8vg60) around that are offering an upgraded kit to replace the silencer box. this is a good relatively inexpensive upgrade. you might want to contact them and check prices. i have replaced my silencer box btw. personally i think it helps with throttle response and creates a nice deep throaty tone.

Don't worry about being more specific, it shouldn't leak and you will need a new one unless of course R2D2 can fix it somehow? - just go to your local dealer and ask for the 'big black box' for a corrado, they'll know what you mean.

There not expensive but if you take someone with Jedi powers with you they can use mind control so you get it for free!

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Large black box - does it have some really big wires attached to it? Sits at the front of the passenger side of the engine bay?

It's the battery... :twisted: