Sign in to follow this  
just_say_meth

passat sunroof

i'mm off to the motor with me cameraphone now :)

edit - ran out of memory - but theres definately some pics of my moonroof - i'll have to search

£120 supplied and fitted doesn't sound bad at all. Shame I am so far away. Anyone around London that wants to do this for me?

£120 is a very good price!.....scrappies can charge up to £80 for the moonroof alone, and it can take a few hours to swap them over if you haven't done the job before!

I get charged 17 GBP for passat moonroofs in the states =-)

and henny I will put some white stuff on it.... on the slider mechanism or on the cable itself? and what do you mean white grease? like white lighting lubricant or some other form of lubricant?

I get charged 17 GBP for passat moonroofs in the states =-)

and henny I will put some white stuff on it.... on the slider mechanism or on the cable itself? and what do you mean white grease? like white lighting lubricant or some other form of lubricant?

wow! thats cheap!!

Found some pics of GIXXERUK's moonroof, looks spot on - think I'll be touring the breakers this weekend

P10100J33.jpg

P101003J4.jpg

thats for a moonroof from any car actually.... 35 USD for the assembly, sometimes I even get the motor and trim pieces with them!

just_say_meth, you asked the same question I was just about to! My Roof broke the other day, so going to do this swap.

What reg do the b3 passats run from and to? (Just so I can ask the breakers for the correct year passat...)

Whilst I was searching for the pics I read that the glass ones are in passats from 93-96, previous to this they were all metal. Someone also said moonroofs from estates sit slightly more flush with the C's roofline. :thumbleft:

mine was from a passat wagon, I guess that could be why. mine was from a 96 or 97 passat wagon, All I know is that it was alpine white and had a VR6 with a manual tranny, OBD2 and cardboard roof insulation, kinda cracked me up when I took off the liner, I was looking at carboard glued to a roof for less noisyness.

seat toledo's as well.......

and golfs with slight mods....

come'on guys, catch up :)