Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

taking off the injector rail & what solution to clean th

hi lads was reading mr.elworthy's post about cleaning his injectors in ultrasonic! well my dad owns a jewellers shop & said i can use his old ultrasonic! so firstly i need to take the injector rail off?

How do i do this is there a guide!

then I need to know what solution to put in the ultrasonic as my dad uses a mixture for his jewellery and i dont think this is probably suitable for the injectors!

thanks Andy!

cheers olly is it hard to get the injector rail out? alsothat last post by the second coming i dont really get what he's on about pumping it through the engine cant i just take them off ultrasonic them and then refit them??

I'm not sure if you need to remove the injector rail, the injectors pull free from the rail on 16v's - did mine recently to replace the seals, be gentle though!

So do you just place the loose injectors into the ultrasonic bath then?

he is on about supplying them with a feed to pulse them, i,e tapp a feed off a rinnung car to make the injectors open and close,,

injector rail comes out fairly easily, you need a ball end type hex key to get on the cap screws to remove it though, and i cant remeber but you may need to take the TB off too,