Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Anyone owned a 944 Turbo before?

kevHaywire,

Ah, the Dakar Yellow, also known as a flying banana lol

Yes, definitely a non-Evo, there is a good article in one of the Performance BMW mags trying to get a a sub 8 lap time around the Nurburgring.

LOL, yeah that's the one, or the "Yellow Peril" as he called it.

Was that Evo's E36? They built a 3.0 M3 for the same purpose, to get a sub 8 second time. I don't think they managed it IIRC, but they weren't far off. Their engine too gave more than 286 and they also said the Evos rarely make 321!! Spooky...

He had some ultra rare M3 though, in a funny green shade. Had quite a few differences over a normal M3.

mailto:[email protected] also makes nifty stuff for BMW engines too.

Sounds like you've sold yourself, go for it!

Personally I'd have an Alpina B3 3.2 over an M3, not quite as powerful (~260bhp) but far more exclusive and less likely to have spent its life getting raced around.

kevHaywire,

I think I might be sold on this idea to!

Yes, I think two magazines did a feature on this, the one you are mentioning is the E36 M3 GT - it's the 3.0L engine, only available in Boston Green with a large spoiler, different front splitter, limiter removed and slightly stripped out. Nice ones of these are getting hard to find and worth quite alot of money. This one was on display at the MPH show recently with white wheels, roll cage, stripped + bucket seats and big brakes, I don't think they did anything to the engine - very cool car except the wheels

mate i think the e30 has some lovely styling never driven one thou and prob never will i always fancied an intergrale myself but i heard these were expnsive to maintain but also recently i pulled away from one at 110mph dont think he was too impressed!

heres the e30

http://www.bcw3design.com/m3/m3images_temp/e30_2.jpg

neil have you thought about an s2!

Ah yes the E30, here's one also lol: -

http://www.fastgerman.com/pictures/E30M3L.jpg

Don't really want a lhd car when I all I want to be doing is overtaking!

S2? Is that the Audi coupe shaped one?

If so I do like them also

This is turning more into, "what should I buy next" type of thread (on a budget I must add)

Porsche 928 - You must be joking right?

Alpina B3 - Hmmm, I like your thinking, one of those won the cannonball/Gumball a couple of years ago, albeit with a V8 under the bonnet!

Alpina B3 - Hmmm, I like your thinking, one of those won the cannonball/Gumball a couple of years ago, albeit with a V8 under the bonnet!

That'll probably have been a B8, 4.6 V8 (based on the 540i engine) in an E36 chassis, very nice, very rare!

Mmmmmm 350NM (of 470NM) of torque available at 1000rpm :D

I didn't realise that was as the car came?

I thought it had an engine transplant, I know Hartge do conversions, consisting of shoe horning a V8 M5 engine into anything they can find and charging over £40k for the conversion - the buggers

My Mum said I couldn't handle the 8 lol

kevHaywire,

I think I might be sold on this idea to!

Yes, I think two magazines did a feature on this, the one you are mentioning is the E36 M3 GT - it's the 3.0L engine, only available in Boston Green with a large spoiler, different front splitter, limiter removed and slightly stripped out. Nice ones of these are getting hard to find and worth quite alot of money. This one was on display at the MPH show recently with white wheels, roll cage, stripped + bucket seats and big brakes, I don't think they did anything to the engine - very cool car except the wheels

Yep that's the fella ;-)

I think the white wheels are compomotive MOs aren't they? Very popular in motorsport as they are light, bomb proof and have the required clearance for big 4 and 6 pot brakes ;-)

just seen this 944 on the trader looks good i think?

run-out 944 Lux by the looks of it.................its got the 2.7L 4 pot which is meant to be creamy smooth compared to the earlier 2.5L..........not keen 1 bit on the slotted rear valance tho..............but its miles away from the 944 Turbo tbh performance wise