James sprinter

Duff Dipstick

Checking all the levels at the weekend and managed to break the dipstick :crazyeyes:

There's a red plastic housing about 3 inches long that the dipstick wedges into at the top of the dipstick tube.

It 'come off in me hand' and snapped about halfway up this plastic housing!

Is it possible to replace just the housing at the top? or am i looking at the whole new tube?

Cheers

James sprinter, Make sure you get the correct one with the same part number as the old one, as they come in slightly different lengths and the wrong one will cause the dipstick to read incorrectly.

I snapped mine at the weekend too :shock:

Is it just a case of pulling the red plastic tube out, and replacing?

Mines crumbling now. Was gonna buy a nice shiny machined one at VW Action, but it was 30 quid

30 quid!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thera

']['H3R4POR - Yes mate easy to replace.

Got mine at German and Swedish yesterday - £1+ VAT!!, If only all Corrado parts were that cheap!

As G60Jet says Make sure you get the right one - The one I got is the correct dimentions but it's now orange not red! :D

Okay guys and gals, I too had this problemand got a new one, but fear I may have fitted the wrong one as oil isn't registering at all.

Have been on German and Swedish site and it details correct length dipstick funnel for your car, so this is a good way to figure out if you've the right one or not!

Happy days!

Edited by Topcat147

050103663 is the most common one - it's orange and supersedes the earlier red one. Cost me €3.00 recently. The billet ones are nice, but pricey, and be careful you don't wreck the dipstick tube when fitting the - they need to be hammered on with a mallet.