Sign in to follow this  
villie

engine tuning

my mate told me about krypton (or crypton) tuning... what is this and is it worth it??

i think i need my car tuned and being new to vw's which one do i go for??

thanks

hi

any reputable garage should be able to make sure the car is set up right, as you got got the 1.8 (same as me) you dont have to worry about chips, inductions kits etc as the engine is mechanical not digital

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... ning_Guide this should hellp for starters

also where do you live as someone should be able to recommend a garage close to you

live in slough.... i've now realised i got more issues with the car then first thought. this afternoon while sitting outside my cousins house, i thought i heard tappets..... i am so not impressed with the power i'm getting. it takes me more than 15 seconds to get to 60. it feels really sluggish. i hope tuning will sort it out. im gonna be doing an oil flush next weekend.

what difference would i see / notice if i change the spark plugs (3 headed) and the ht leads??

I would change all the plugs,leads,dizzy cap, rotar arm and fuel and air filter and change the oil and filter too, that will definitley improve performance

I would change all the plugs,leads,dizzy cap, rotar arm and fuel and air filter and change the oil and filter too, that will definitley improve performance

Isn't that what you would normally call a service? :roll:

If you read PVW and Golf etc you will findplenty of 16v's doing 15-17 second quarters!

Don't worry about it unless it's a vr and they don't do much different to that anyway.

Oh did you say o-60? :lol: :p :twisted: :wink:

Chris

I don't think they would change your leads if you take your car to a garage for a regular service, so no, it's bit more then a service...

Yeah, basic maintenace though, these are things that generally let the side down and should be given consideration and work from there.

Good luck getting it sorted, the cams may be badly timed if it's had a head gasket who knows, it's a process of elimination so start with the easy and cheap things first.

Chris