Sign in to follow this  
filski

Alarm ..trip counter..

Hi,

i just picked up my new '94 Corrado 8v on Wednesday, and i love it. but since lastnight it has behaved in a wierd way. i set the trip counter to 0 when i left the garage weds am, and drove around for a boit and did about 120 miles since.

When i got in the car this morning, i noticed all the tirps ahd been zero'd, on both the MFA and the odometer under the total milage. i thought this a bit odd, and also now when i lock the car with the alarm button, it goes off ater about 20 seconds of activation or locking the doors using the central remote locking. i think it is some kind of electrical fault, as the alarm activates itself, and the displays zero..i also noticed the one of the rear lights was out, and tried to put ina new bulb which didn't help...could it all be contected somehow? a dodgy connection or circuit ??

It has a Sigma M-series alarm with 2 button fobs.

a bit dissappointing after owning the car for about 2 days, but i can live with it..

thanks,

Filski.

Welcome to the forum...

First off all check all you fuses...

The alarm thing may just be a deadlock - just the nature of how it's setup

Rear light - you may need to bend the contact pins in slightly...

so , had one blown fuse which is fixed but mfa is still resetting itself to 0 everytime turn on the ignition- MFA 1 should do so but MFA 2 does as well, and main tachometer.

Another thing now is when i take the key out of the ignition, after about 10 seconds there are 4 beeps..i presume this is from the Sigma alarm fitted, but i didn't notice this when i test drove the car before buying..

as for the rear light, the cluster is fine as i have tested it off the car and all lights work, so it is a problem with power to the cluster..but the left hand cluster is all fine, and the loom looks intact..so a bit confusing..fuses are fine..who knows...

i also had the AA out today as the car wouldn;t fire up..it turned over fine just didn't catch. after some tweeking we figured it was the fuel pump relay, which got hot by the time i got home and when i went to start the car the same problem occured..is it something as simple as replacing the relay??

any help appreciated as i am just learning things about the corrado..feel like i jumped in the deep end a bit..but that's all good as long as it i sstuff i can fix myself..and not a major car problem.

Hi,

a bit dissappointing after owning the car for about 2 days, but i can live with it..

Filski.

The joy of the c ownership.

Yeah, replace the fuel pump relay and you might as well do the ecu relay as well (also critical)

Fuse - I assume you checked it didn't blow again??

Any more starting problems - chenge the ignition switch

I had a similar problem with the fuel pump relay on mine. It wasn't the relay itself, but the the switching earth that runs to it. Without the earth from the ECU (which cuts in case of emergency) the relay doesn't engage, therefore no fuel.

As a temp fix, I patched another earth in directly onto the relay pins until I got an autoelectrician to sort the wiring properly.