Sign in to follow this  
vr6boy

engine queries

hi every one just a quick question about a corrado 2.9 abv engine fitting into a 2.8 aaa obd2 bay, is this possible i have a 96 golf vr6 with a bad engine and i have an abv corrado obd1 type, is it a straight forward engine swap??

any information would be super

thanks vr6boy

btw cool site

btw i forgot to mention that the golf engine is a coil pack and the raddo engine is a dizzy type

The Corrado ABV was OBD1, AND you have an early distributor one. That means you'll either have to rip out your OBD2 ECU and loom and replace it with the OBD1 setup, or you'll have to put all the OBD2 stuff onto the ABV engine.

Otherwise, from what I understand, it's a straight fitting job. The electrics however might give you grey hairs ...

hi dr_mat, thank you for your reply when you say "its a straight fitting job . the electrics however might give you grey hairs ...".from what i understand its the throttle body and inlet manifold from the obd2 engine that goes onto the abv engine just for a start. also can the engines swap from coil pack to dizzy type or do you have to change the heads over too (the head is good on the aaa engine)

thank you for your time dr_mat