Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Airbag Fault

Anyone knowledgeable with VW airbags.

My steering wheel wasn't quite straight (which really annoys me), so took the airbag off to get to the steering wheel nut and then straightened it up. Took the car out without the airbag on to check to make sure it was straight. (Its a total nightmare getting the airbag on/off every 2 minutes if you dont get the wheel straight first time).

Anyway, slight adjustment and the steering was spot on. Put it all back together and turned on the ignition to be greated with an 'Airbag Fault' warning on the display.

I've left the battery un connected for about 10 minutes and it makes no difference.

My guess is the codes need cleared and they wont clear by just leaving the battery disconnected. That'll be another 30 bucks down the drain into VW pocket!! GGrrrrrr.

T.

Yep the code needs to be cleared I am affraid. See the tread about vag-com as someone might be near thats willing to clear it.

Check it already. No one is near me.

Think its time to buy VAG-COM. Been putting it off for years. When VW charge 30+ buck to have it read, it makes finincial sense.

Anyone know the nest website. Just tried buying a refurbed unit from 'OnboardDiagnositics' but they have none left at the minute??

Thanks

T.

Depends how cheap you want ;)

DIY cable kits on ebay...

Software from.. ahem..

VW will probably do this for free as it's a safety item (airbag is disabled with light one) as long as there is nothing actually wrong which i suspect

Reason it logged the fault is that you musn't have disconnected the battery and pulled the relay for it when adjusting the wheel?? - if so your lucky it didn't explode in your face!!

VW will probably do this for free as it's a safety item (airbag is disabled with light one) as long as there is nothing actually wrong which i suspect

Reason it logged the fault is that you musn't have disconnected the battery and pulled the relay for it when adjusting the wheel?? - if so your lucky it didn't explode in your face!!

I aint that stupid!!

VW and free. They cant possibly go in the same sentence.

T.

Mate - it says in the manual to report any airbag or ABS fault straight to the dealer, they will need to plug it in to find whats wrong...

Car Manual whats that??

Got VAG-COM leads ordered from somewhere else now.

Time for a play. I give VW enough of my money.

T.

VAG-COM lead has arrived, software loaded, car scanned and fixed.

Happy Days.

T.

I Drove my Leon with the switch disconnected that de-activates the airbag.

Vag-com cleared that no problem