CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

£500 is a pretty stellar deal, to be honest. Performance Torque get nothing but praise everywhere I've seen them discussed. I was planning to take my Leon there, but Custom-Code came through with a great price for their mobile service. That saved me a 400-mile round trip.

If you install a boost gauge, fit the tee-piece in the vacuum pipe to the fuel pressure regulator.

It sure is! All gone quiet on the Briskoda thread though. Will have to give them a call. Turns out their Stage 1 is 'off the shelf' and their stage 2 is custom. Think I may just go for a Stage 2 anyway as there's not that much difference in price anyway.

Thanks for the boost gauge tip 8) My brilliant Year 6 class teamed up to buy it for me as a leaving present 8)

good to hear that all is going well with the vRS Andy. You will have to stick with this one until you can get another C as your username is almost right again :wink:

What a cool class 8)

Thanks, Fay. Will defo stick with this one- already had it 3 years (some kind of record for me!) as it's our 'family' car ;)

Yep, a superb class- will really miss them :( The boys were really into their cars, football, Star Wars etc, so we got on very well ;)

oh I hadn't realised you already had it. I get overly attached to cars - 3 years is the shortest time I've kept a car and I only sold that one (a rocco) to buy my rado :wink:

Hope next year's class are as good..

Wish I was more like you! Think 3 years is my record with the vRS. Had a 306 for around 2 years. Longest I've had a Corrado for was my last VR- had it for 1 1/2 years.

Well, sold the Prelude and got something 'sensible' for Rach. I wanted a Toledo/Golf/Bora, but she's always wanted a Focus. We looked at a few, and I've got to say I'm totally won over. Plenty of toys, handles well, looks good, quite cheap to maintain, nippy, practical etc etc. Plenty of feel through the steering, which is also nicely weighted. I've been surprised just how well they are put together too.

We plumped for the 2.0 16v Ghia- 2 owners, 88K, FSH, metallic black etc for £2K! Bargainous! Book price is around £2600...

Focii are one of those cars that I think a lot of people can appreciate cos it is just so good, regardless of badge.

Nice one matey! Looks like you found a corker there :cheers:

Thanks Jon :) It's just a damn good car. Simple as! It's a good example- obviously there are a couple of imperfections in the bodywork, but nothing that can't be sorted easily. It runs very well- no knocking, starts on the button and feels responsive. Had a 4-wheel alignment and 3 new tyres and it feels great. Will get a service in a couple of months.

Forgot to say, I've had the vRS remapped too 8) However, you can't tell it's been remapped, cos the N75 valve is goosed. Getting it replaced under warranty this week. Then it should go like a rocket! Will at Performance Torque reckoned it should be good for at least 215 bhp and 230 lb/ft 8)

Aah, the Ford Mucus. Only kidding Andy! They are a real fun drive, comfortable but not squishy. We have a small fleet of Ford Mundains at work, and even though I don't like to admit it, they're great for what we use and abuse them for. I don't think we've ever had one break down.....yet!

Sure Mrs Cazza will be pleased and thats all that matters :)

Got the N75 changed under warranty, and the car is now like a rocket. Defo feels quicker than any of my VR6s now 8) Doesn't look as nice or handle as well, but it's a damn good compromise. Well chuffed!

Yeeehhhh! Sorted, what remap did you go for in the end?

I remember going down the road with you at one of the Air Balloon meets, VAG-COM attached and not showing much boost. 20vt's really do go well with a few mapping tweeks.

My friends Octavia LC remapped with Revo made 218hp (Stealth RR Day). At inters a couple of years back when my VR was standard, the standing quarter was a real close thing, the VR had it to 60, but after that he reeled me in soooo quick! Part of the reason I ended up with a turbo 8) now he doesn't want to play :lol:

Should keep you happy for a bit Andy, nice one :salute:

Cheers Dave :D Went to Performance Torque in Wolverhampton for one of their own maps- they've had brilliant reviews on Seatcupra.net & briskoda etc. Should be good for between 210-220bhp 8) That'll be it for a while now... full turbo back exhaust + sports cat, coilovers, rear ARB & 17s are my wish list, but can't see those happening for a long while!

Would love to get it on the rollers sometime 8)

It's also got a Forge DV and a BMC CDA, so nothing major. It's excellent- I was laughing out loud when I floored it in second- acceleration is savage 8)

the dump valve will do next to nish to the performance tho! if anything, but teh BMC helped i bit. you just need to get it on the rollers to find out what you are actually running! would be nice to find out what can be done to such a tuneable engine with such a little amount done. wouldnt you of being best getting the exhaust decat etc before having the remap done or doenst it make that muc difference? is it just a pre programmed chip or a chip that they map to each indevidual car.?

Phil, yeh the DV will do nothing for the actual performance, but will be much more reliable than the crappy plastic oem DV with the higher boost levels.

The stage 1 map from P-Torque is pretty much 'off the shelf', although Will did do a few 'tweeks'. The P-Torque stage 1 is so good that there's little point in going for their custom stage 2 unless you have things such as a FMIC etc. He also said that a full exhaust system works really well with their stage 1 map, and it's fine to put the exhaust on after getting it mapped. Would've loved to get the exhaust done first, but it would be at least £600, so totally out of the question at the mo :( . Someone on Briskoda recently got around 225bhp from a P-Torque Stage 1 & exhaust. Very good figures imho. A full exhaust alone should yield around 15bhp.

Hopefully there'll be another Stealth RR day sometime soon, so I'll get the car on the rollers then 8) Would be hoping for 210+ bhp...

My Leon made 196bhp on the standard map with a Forge 007P, turbo-back Piper exhaust and Carbonio intake, running on 95 RON unleaded. It went on the same rollers a week later with a Custom-Code stage two map, Forge turbo intake pipe and a tank of V-Power. It made 242bhp on the second run. The first run was aborted due to wheelspin and the intake temps were already up fairly by the second run. It made around 230bhp on the third run, but the standard intercooler was well and truly beaten by then.

I'd love a decent FMIC but I don't use the car enough to justify the cost.

Pleased you've got the new fleet sorted Andy - should make for a fun school run :norty:

Looks like good value for money all round.

Gave the vRS a good clean today- thought it would be rude not to post a couple of pics :wink:

Ditched the Forge Splt-R DV- just too much fiddling required to get it spot on. Great piece of kit if you can be bothered! Got a Forge 007P on now. Tried it backwards first to see how it sounded- just couldn't get on with the metallic 'clang' every time the boost was released- also too many people staring! It's now back the correct way. Get a nice 'psshhht' sound now 8) It's been leaking a little boost on part throttle, so got in touch with Forge who sent me an uprated yellow spring to hold more boost, free of charge! Top guys!

Next mod will be a rear ARB. After hearing how this transformed the handling on CrazyDave's MKIV Goof, seems like it's excellent bang for buck.

Those Split-R DVs are a terrible idea. I know what you mean about the 007P 'clang' though. Mine is currently backwards as it's the only way I can get the engine cover on. The DV sits higher with the Forge TIP.

To begin with, I thought it was quite cool, as it was a very different sound. Started to find it quite embarassing pretty soon though! Think I'd leave the cover off, given the choice between the two :lol:

Good to see you're getting on with sorting the VRS out! (are you gonna add the S to your username? :norty:)

we should have a winter get together, maybe when Ron isn't being a little teapot :lol: :cuckoo: