CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Cheers, chap! Hmmmm, V-powerrrrrr!

Getting a Whiteline adjustable RARB on Friday, so should get it fitted this weekend. A little oversteer should be fun!

Getting a Whiteline adjustable RARB on Friday, so should get it fitted this weekend. A little oversteer should be fun!

:) Will be an interesting mod...

By all accounts, they're supposed to be an excellent mod. Not sure whether to get the S3 front upper/lower braces yet. They'll stiffen the car up for sure, but could increase the understeer again, negating the RARB to a certain degree. Managed to get my Whiteline adjustable for £90 brand new 8).

Yes, I hear good things. I'm a little undecided on what sizes to go for front and rear myself. Anything I can do to make the Leon handle a little better without resorting to lowering it will be a bonus. I swore a long time ago I'd never lower a car I use on the road again.

Here's an interesting thread on the subject. I like the adjustability of the Whiteline and, tbh, for road use I defo don't need a thicker bar. Will get it fitted at the weekend and set it to medium. I'll let you know how it goes!

What suspension have you had on before? I had FK Konigsport coilies + full polybush set on one of my valvers- absolutely stunning handling, but too harsh for every day and ended up doing my head in! I would definately lower the RS if I had the funds. Absolutely loved the Koni coilies I hd on the last VR- stiffened the chassis up nicely, yet still being comfortable. You defo get what you pay for though...

Didn't realise you'd been over to the Nurburgring lately Andy????? Saw this and thought of you 8)

DSC011460001.JPG[/attachment:1vac9qbh]

Skoda's looking very nice mate, you've been at the polish again 8) Hope the family are all well :D

Ha ha! Yep, I was there with my can of white paint, dodging all the Porkas and Bikes that came past ;)

Yeh, gave the RS some attention- a good machine polish + Blue Velvet 8) Gave it a quick rinse the other night and all the dust and water just streamed off. Dodo Juice is well worth the money 8)

Been a while since I last updated...

Well, have done a fair bit to the vRS in the last few months.

Whiteline Rear Anti-roll Bar. Got it on setting 3 (4 is the hardest), and it's really cut out the understeer. Can even get the back end to slide a little now 8) Much more confident around the twisties- fantastic mod!

Performance Torque stage 1 remap. Has transformed the 1.8T from being reasonably quick to being properly quick. Love it- best performance mod I've ever done.

Blueflame stainless cat back exhaust. Decent quality system for a good price- very highly recommended by the 1.8T community. However, was a very tight fit and the tailpipe doesn't sit straight. They also sent the wrong tailpipe trim and took over two months to sort it. Not particularly impressed. Wouldn't buy another. Sounds nice though!

Jetex downpipe /100 cel sports cat. Got it cheap second hand- have noticed a good increase in mid-range torque since fitting.

Newsouth Spectrum boost gauge. Pig to fit (needed to add a relay etc to get it to work off the dimmer switch), but great now it's in place.

Next up- 17s. Can't believe the estate came with 16s :cuckoo: :scratch: In need of new rubber, so may as well try to sort some cheap 17s with decent rubber. Anyone?

Would love to get coilies- they'd finish the car off nicely, but it's well out of my budget for the forseable :(

Hey Andy!

Looking forward to a damned good thrash around Coombe in the vRS :D at the Briskoda trackday. I'll bring my own trousers this time :lol:

Dave

Hey Andy!

Looking forward to a damned good thrash around Coombe in the vRS :D at the Briskoda trackday. I'll bring my own trousers this time :lol:

Dave

Hey, navigator! It's gonna be great 8) Gonna have to pootle the first couple of laps ;) Vaughan and the boys are coming too (just in case you need trousers again- you may need a change after the track session! :lol: ) should be a good day. We'll have to hire helmets- think it's only a fiver.

Hi mate, yep, 22mm. If money were no object, I'd have gone for the 28mm Neuspeed which are twice the price of the Whiteline :shock: Think the normal RRP for the Whiteline is around £130- managed to get mine for £90 brand new ;)

Have you got one on the Leon yet? If not, get one ASAP! Brilliant mod 8) The car feels so much more stable/flat through corners now, and gives a little oversteer if provoked (a lot!). Thinking of getting the S3 lower front brace to keep it all neutral- only £20 from Audi and 10 mins to fit...

You prob won't use anywhere near as much of the range of a 28mm bar if you're on the 2nd to top setting on the 22mm and you say it's perfect. You'd just have the 28mm on "softest" setting, and the other settings might not get used. Stick with the 22 I say :D

Glad to see you back here mate! We'll have to sort out another get together now the weather's turning!

Hi Jon! Yeh, reckon you're right about the 22mm :)

Glad to see me back? I've never been away! Just don't post as much as I used to...

Yep, get together sounds good fo' tha summah!

Hi mate, yep, 22mm. If money were no object, I'd have gone for the 28mm Neuspeed which are twice the price of the Whiteline :shock: Think the normal RRP for the Whiteline is around £130- managed to get mine for £90 brand new ;)

Have you got one on the Leon yet? If not, get one ASAP! Brilliant mod 8) The car feels so much more stable/flat through corners now, and gives a little oversteer if provoked (a lot!). Thinking of getting the S3 lower front brace to keep it all neutral- only £20 from Audi and 10 mins to fit...

No, I still haven't gotten around to it. I hardly use the car so it goes out of my mind until I understeer into the next roundabout! I'll keep my eyes open for a Whiteline ARB at a decent price, but I'm not *that* bothered about it just yet.

Thought I'd better ad some pics, and yes, the car is filthy! :shock:

Went to my local Longlife Exhaust centre (Berkeley) today, because the Blueflame had started to vibrate a little on idle + the tailpipe didn't sit properly in the cutout.

30 minutes later- new rear hanger, new clamps all round & the exhaust is nowhere near the rear axle anymore, so no more vibrations. Was very, very impressed with the mechanic's no-how and competence. He didn't saunter around like most mechanics- he was working thoroughly and quickly for the full half hour, and also let me stay, watch and have a poke around under the car. So, 30 mins labour, 3 new clamps and a new rear hanger for £30! Would thoroughly recomment them :thumbleft:

Also fitted a new N75 valve to smooth out the boost. Went for the N75J off the Audi Quattro 8) It's a bit hit and miss, depending on the map, but mine is working really well so far. The standard valve was spiking to around 19psi, holding at 15-16, then dropping back slowly in the uppr rev range.

The J spikes at 20psi and holds at 17 until around 4.5K revs, where it tails off slowly. The car is defo smoother but feels slightly less agressive, although just as fast (if not a little faster).

Very nice Andy - you're ready for Castle Coombe now 8)

Interesting that the ARB makes such a difference - feel one coming on the VR6 before too long :)

What are the brakes like? Good question to ask before getting out on track :wink:

Cheers, Vaughan :)

Will need to check the discs and pads- still feel great, but you never know!

Got yours on yet?

Needed new tyres, and was lucky enough to get some mint 17" vRS Spiders complete with nearly new Goodyear Eagle F1s off Ebay for a very good price ;)

Think it looks sooooo much better on 17s. Just need some coilovers now!