Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

17" dilema

i cant decide between a set of OZ super turismos (14 spoke) or a set of 11 spoke technomagnesio

anyone have any pics of a C with either of these

im also getting mixed stories of being able to get 7.5x17 and 7.0x17

some say both, some say only 7.0x17

which is true and if its possible to get 7.5x17, will they fit on my C without butchering the wheel arches?

regards

DM

Another aspect I cannot decide on are the tyres to go with the alloys.

Can anyone advise on the best tyres for grip that are not too heavy and basically are sh*t hot.

Regards

DM

ive got 7.5x17 on mine,and they are wearing toyo proxes rubber,ive had proxes ever since ive had the corrado and think they are s*** hot,and they look nice to

i had et35 7x17s on mine at first, they caucht on the back even with the arches slightly trimmed, so i doubt very much u will get 7.5s on without any mods, mine is lowered 80mm though so that might have been why :o

My mind is swaying towards 7.5x17 OZ Super Turismos.

What kind of mod will I need to do to ensure they dont rub?

Does anyone have any pics of a C with Super T's?

DM

imho 7" et35mm looks too narrow on the rear of the corrado.. if it was me i would go for min of 7 1/2 et35,, to fill the arches and run a 205 section tyre on them..

My mind is swaying towards 7.5x17 OZ Super Turismos.

What kind of mod will I need to do to ensure they dont rub?

Does anyone have any pics of a C with Super T's?

DM

they will go on, cos i managed to get 7.5x18s on, but you would be making life easier for yourself if you stuck to 7'' wide, i didnt touch the front arches on 17s, but 18s, i removed plastic liners, rolled all arches and had to knock the inner arch in for clerance, go for 7'' wide if you can. you can always space them out later if you dont have problems with them catching and want the arches filling out more. saw a pic on here somewhere of a c on supers- looked v.nice

imho 7" et35mm looks too narrow on the rear of the corrado.. if it was me i would go for min of 7 1/2 et35,, to fill the arches and run a 205 section tyre on them..

Though it depends on how you want your tyre to look. I'm running 7½" ET35s 17s with 205 tyres - the tyre is a bit stretched and the rim-protection is non-existant, so I've kurbed them to buggery!

When the tyres finally fade, I will be going up to 215 or even 225s if the rims will take it, just so I can keep them happier with my dodgy parking techniques.

But then again, wheels like Darren's look phat with stretched tyres on...

thanks guys

Im hopefully gonna be getting them within the next few weeks, really want them to go on the Scottish Rollin Road Day.

Ill keep you all updated and ill put a post of a pic up when they are on

DM

Had a Glasgow meet tonight and one of the VR6s has a set of 7.5x17s with a 40mm drop and he said they were no problem and no mod was required, think ill give it a try

im going with coil overs anyway so if it has any rubbing i can always raise it slightly

DM

Yup, 7.5 x 17 will be fine...

So long as the wheel offset is correct, you stick to a 205/40 tyre and dont drop lower than about 40mm (for normal driving anyway...go nuts for a Show when you get coilies!). This is my set up and I never get any rubbing at all, even b-road blasting 5-up!

I often swap back to my 15 inch Speedlines and I can't say I feel a huuuuge difference. Sure the ride is slightly harsher with the lower profile tyres but not worth worrying about.

A 16inch wheel is a better compromise but you might struggle to find the design you want in that size, most models are only 15 or 17.

HTH