Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Is Standard The New Mod?

He's meeting me half way actually. Prob on the M6 - M65 junction. Then we swap cars (courtesy).

So yours wasn't the M** VRG car then?

No mate, mine was the Burgundy Pearl one. That belong to someone who goes to the Nurburgring quite a lot apparently.

Which car is he giving you?

:lol: Youre in for some fun :lol:

But just remember, its FREE!!! I just kept reminding myself. Though come to think of it, it may be the new one??

If its the new one it should be ok, if its the old one, its a 94 1.8 blue mk3, thats as wallowy as a rowing boat and battered and bruised a fair bit. When I first had it it didnt even have a stereo!! Ive put one in it though ;)

Like I said, its free. How many garages are there that would lend you a car whilst yours is in, for free? ;)

In answer to the thread title, it is the new mod for me and tbh I'm really enjoying it. Never thought I'd say it, but my car seems a lot smoother and less frantic without the s/c which kind of suits my style of driving these days.

I've got some decent ride quality back with the 15" alloys too. I'm now thinking that you can go a bit far with the mods and it's best to stick to small mods which give big improvements.

I prefer standard-looking Corrados definately.

Probably 99% are modified in some way,(wipers,air filter,alloys etc.)however small.And there's no denying that the biggest giveaway to the cars build date is the rear lights.Changing the rear cluster for something more 'modern' is one of the most popular mods-but one I don't understand.I think it serves only to make the Corrado look even older.The original lights are a big reason as to why I like the C so much.They're just cool as..

Standard all the way. I don't even think it needs lowering, its allready lower than anything modern. Admittedly the gap between the wheels and arches is a tad annoying, but just last night when paying for fuel, looked out shop window onto forecourt...the C just looks so much lower, meaner and damn cool than anything else that was in there, looked especialy cool with the wheels at an angle to the body :lol: :lol:

Damn, its a nice looking car I thought to myself!

I think the alloys date it a bit aswell, (vavler) but I doubt I'll change them. I do find it funny peeps going on about it looks dated, it is an old car after all, very difficult to make old cars not look dated. Its the dated design which makes it look so damn cool, not a modern jelly mould, hasn't been rounded off into a bar of soap so when you run someone over it doesn't hurt them.

Thats not to say I don't like what a lot of you guys have done, (obviously unseen performance mods, nowt wrong with that at all :wink: ) just I don't think the C needs anything to 'improve' its looks.

have fun

Daz.