Sign in to follow this  
Storm Monkey

fitting ABS to a van?

OK, not even a VW question, but I though you guys would probably know anyway!

I have just found out that the Astravan my wife drives, and was supposed to have ABS in, doesn't! Sadly, we found out on the central reservation of the M6, after it locked and skidded, avoiding another madly braking car. Obviously I'll take the matter up with the garage that sold us the van, but am not too hopeful. So, and finally, the question is is it possible/easy/expensive to upgrade a non ABS 54 plate Avstravan Sportive 1.7 CDTi to have ABS? Or can anyone recommend a good VX forum either?

Cheers,

Phil

Ovner of small bent red van :cry: :x

id say its gonna be massive ,my bro's got a corsa ,which should be similar and it seems a pretty itelligent system ,would be a bit a nightmare in a corrado ,i could probabley get you some pics of his system if its any help? just tell me what bit you wat to see

isn't an ABS system a pump, a brain and some speed sensors? Fit them as factory and then use Vaux diagnostics to tell the main ECU that it's there and fit the warning light?

I may be over simplifying somewhat but surely if the same model has it as an option...