Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Not Corrado but Mum's Clio

mother has a Clio. For ages she has been saying it keeps cutting out on her. I drive it. No problems. i put it down to her holding the clutch.

Anyway It has happened to me. I narrowed it down to when the stereo has been on. Does not matter how long teh journey say Manchester to Notts. If ya have the stereo on pull up at teh lights an it just dies??? Run the car without teh stereo on and all is fine.

At this point I had to eat humble pie :oops: Sorry mum.

Is this an alternator problem??

does it do it with the headlights on? cos the stereo wont take that much unless you've kitted it out!!

my brothers has done this, never noticed any connection with the radio mind. check out the little metal box at the back of the engine near where the TB would be on a g60. i just pushed it down and all seemed well, there is some electrical giggy under it.....

his is a 1.2 16v btw

No I have run the car at night when picking up my kids all way from Cambridge lights on but no stereo (kids chatting away to me). All was fine. Its always with the stereo. its only a cassette player.

Kitted it out Lol. Actually my old dear loves it all. She wants it pimping :lol:

I'll check for a box in the Bay. Its only a 1.2

my brothers has done this, never noticed any connection with the radio mind. check out the little metal box at the back of the engine near where the TB would be on a g60. i just pushed it down and all seemed well, there is some electrical giggy under it.....

his is a 1.2 16v btw

It should have had a recall for that " metal box " your talking about depending on the chassis number as I remember, off the top of me head pin number 4 and 8 I think should read infinity, if it dunt, the " metal box " is to be replaced and the wiring was to be sheathed.

You better check though, as Renault might contribute a percentage to the bill if its not under warranty.

Its been nearly 3 years since I worked for Renault mind, so me knowledge is fading - thank god. Terrible cars.

R7