Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Daewoo Matiz - Disabling Passenger Airbag

Sorry to ask about a Daewoo on this forum! But, my sister is about to give birth to her first child (my first niece/nephew!!) and she needs to know if she can disable the front passenger airbag on her 'W' reg Daewoo Matiz. If she can't get it disabled then she want's to have the thing removed.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this? I can't seem to find any decent Daewoo forum - well none that people seem to post anything to!

I have a feeling that it could be a legal requirement to have a switch for the passenger air bag.. if there is a switch it's most likely to be key orientated and at a guess it'll be in the glove box or down the left hand side of the dash where it meets the door...

Failing that she could read the manual ;)

There will be a warning on the sun visor and maybe on the passenger door frame if the airbag can't be disabled.

Else, reading the manual is going to be the obvious answer. C'mon - how long does it take? They do have a Contents and Index you know - 30 seconds top!

Else, reading the manual is going to be the obvious answer. C'mon - how long does it take? They do have a Contents and Index you know - 30 seconds top!

But my sister lives 6 floors up and is about to drop any day now!

Doesn't need to fit a baby seat just yet then ;)

Sorry - don't mean to sound harsh!

It's likely on a Matiz that its both bags on, or both bags off. I can't find any details about how you disable just the passenger side airbag -- at consumer level. A garage may disable just one side by removing it I 'spose!

You can fit a baby seat in the back of a Matiz though.