Sign in to follow this  
Gazman

Central locking from inside

I was thinking of mounting a switch on the dashboard to control the central locking. Anyone already done this? Any advice gratefully received.

With all the stories pf car-jacking about I think it would be prudent to have the doors locked when driving around town. Currently, when I press the driver or passenger door pins down, only that door locks - should all the doors (and boot etc) lock?

All should lock when you press the driver's one down. Make sure that the cable from the driver's door handle is plugged in. You need the door card off.

mine operate indipendantly too.

cables seem fine, and the central locking and full closure works, just not from inside

Well mine used to all lock by pressing down the drivers one when I first got the car, and then it stopped working and I thought I'd imagined it ever working, and then some weeks ago it started working again, but now it's not :(

Could it be this cable that is mentioned above?

I installed an internal switch i used the wiring that came of my broken corrado door handle when i fitted the passat handles. Just cut of the wiring from the old handle so you can plug the new switch straight into the original connection .Connect the the three wires to a two way rocker switch with three connection points (maplins) so that the car can be unlocked and locked by pressing the switch.