Sign in to follow this  
IWANTASTORM

Is this too high mileage QUICK!

I have seen a car in the autotrader that sounds pretty good but the mileage is 124000. On the phone the guy seemed pretty genuine and says the car is in excellent condition has a full VWSH and he has all the receipts. Its 5500ono, what do you reckon?

Also I am buying a flat in Shawlands in Glasgow. Do any of you know the area. The flat is on a street where ther is a really high speed bump, I am afraid a corrado wont make it over with out scraping the front chin spoiler badly. It is the coustonholm road/Kilmarnock Road junction (by the bank of scotland) i am talking about. Anybody know if they can get over this bump. If I cany park outside the flat then there is no point. :?:

I think the car would have to be absolutely immaculate to demand 5.5k at 124k miles..

IMHO.

maybe 5k is more realistic, if it's in *that* good condition.

Too expensive by miles. At that mileage 4-4.5k max. Mileage means wear, so it's likely to need remedial work soon. If this is the car I think it is in the trader it looks good, but I also found this one (unfortunately about 300 miles from you):

95 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.9 VR6 3dr Coupe

Excellent VR6, em/ew/esr, Thatcham 1, PAS. FSH, Second careful owner Black leather heated seats MOT,TAX A much loved car. Extremely Reliable. 91000 miles. £5300. Tel: 07970019715

Distance: 11 miles

Price: £5,300

Too expensive by miles. At that mileage 4-4.5k max. Mileage means wear, so it's likely to need remedial work soon.

well not exactly............a hi-miler motorway muncher can have quite a bit less wear on it than a low-mile town car........

I would second roddys opinion and if the juntion you are talking about is just accross from the co-op / arena fitness then i have been over it in my standard vr6.

you sit lowin them but i think it would be difficult to make it scrape

cheers

Paul

Take your point, however you only have the sellers word for it and if it has had multiple owners - who knows? I tend to err on the side of caution.

vr6storm, Mine had 166k on it when I sold it and it still ran perfectly,as for the price it is way too high 4k max. 8) :mrgreen:

i agree price way too high

I bought a g60 courtesy of JULESZ with approx 91000 on the clock, it had a few minor problems like any 11 year old car does, but in very very good condition.

I only paid £3600, I would be careful with this and make sure he's not tryin to rip you off.

ps like the avatar too hot :)

DM

vr6storm, Mine had 166k on it when I sold it and it still ran perfectly

and it still looked the dog's danglies 8) ............Andion the forum's one is pretty close to the 200k mark(well 190K-ish)and he seems to report no great problems