Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

100k VR6 service

well chaps long time no post on here but just to let u all know im still alive and kicking around and slowly getting back into the corrado scene.

earlier 2day i was helping him service his VR6 and well ive worked on loads of diffrent VW engines like 1.8 8v, 1.8 16v, 2.0 16v, 1.8 20vT and like G60's but nva a VR

well its covered 100k now and we were doing the normal oil change, oil filter and like new spark plugs..

well we came a little stuck when the spark plug were like 10ft deep into the engine and well couldent put em back in or when we did we couldent put the HT leads back on teh tops of em... soo we stoped.. the probelm is the inlet manifold its totall in the way and makes it soo difficult to put em back on so after a while of playing we put em back on but its misfiring and not sparking correctaly..

soo were both woundering if VW use a special VR6 like spark ply tool?????

any help appriated...

cheers..

chris

There's a special spark plug lead tool (hazet, or hazelnut if you ask Haywire :D) for removing and re-attaching the plug leads.

The plugs come out with a with a normal spark plug socket and extension(s).

there is/was actually a group buy for these on this forum (15 quid I think?) :)

Zerocool is the guy you need, he's on mailto:[email protected]

Or you might be lucky and find a plastic one in the boot (as mentioned above) or I have heard of them being stored on the bonnet stay (the arm that holds it open).

I think the only reason you didn't post was cos your post count is now 666 :o