Sign in to follow this  
TomD

Bonnet Stuck...help needed! :(

Hi!

My bonnet won't open, when you pull the catch only the passenger side pops up, drivers side doesnt budge!

Its worked fine until this afternoon! I can't see a way to get inside and pop the catch...is there a way to do it??

Cheers,

Tom

this happened to mine a couple of weeks ago, I cleverly left a screw driver under the lip and the bonnet closed on it (it was dark!!!)

mine opened eventually by having someone pulling the release, and me pushing down (to release the pressure on the catch), and then pulling it up.

I found I could be fairly rough with it (I needed to be), you'd have to find out why its stuck though, as if its the catch itself then this won't work as you'll just be forcing it

edit: or click the link above ;)

Its easy. Jackup the car. Slide under the front. have to hand a torch and a long screwdriver. When under the car use torch and find the bonett slam springs. These are were the bonett pins locate. Once found use screcriver reach up and prise the spring back. Bonett open.. :D Used it loads as my car had no cable when i bought it. Now back to normal ahh a cable and lever you can;'t beat em. Previous owner removed it as an anti theft thing :lol:

Cheers guys!

I'll give those suggestoins a go!

Not sure what I've done but I might have left something in there! :)

Right, you all get 10 brownie points!

First Trick on the knowledge base with the seat belt on the handle worked a treat, was going to try that with soemone else pulling on it but I'm on my own at the minute!

Thanks again! :)

Mine is like this. need to push on the bonnet a couple of times on the side that wont open to release it and maybe have someone on the handle inside