Sign in to follow this  
petersolinas

Corrado 1.816v Buying tips

I am going to look at a 1.816v Corrado at the weekend. Its done about 150Kmiles and its just had a full respray its h reg.

As anyone got any tips on what to look out for? What sort of money is it worth?

I've just started looking for one too...i met a bloke at TRAX with a 1.8 16v blue one.

Went over and spoke to him..top bloke!

he said to look out for rust..bubbling of paint.

check the clutch and gearbox are in fully working order and in the engine check for any water leaks from the radiator hoses entering the block from the right hand side...the water tends to drip onto the gearbox apparently.

check for oil leaks and make sure its had Service history too.

A listen to the engine is the main thing i believe.

Good luck with your search, and what colour are ya after?! 8)

Sanjay.

I put a deposit on a 1.8 16v end of last month, its done 123k, but has history, engines sweet, abit of TLC and it'll be a stunner!

Hey sanjay, I was parked near a blue H plater, late spec grill, lowered on 17's :D

hey bally...it coulda been that one then. not sure, i know it had a vr6 bonnet, a bit of a respray, new flushed fogs and front lights...

so how are you workin it with this corrado then? you got it yet>? so once you place a deposit its good as yours then? how soon till they want full payment?

The best thing i would do is arrange an aa inspection or something similar.

Even just an HPI check to make sure the car hasnt been written off or stolen etc.

For the milage I wouldnt be very happy if it didnt come with a full service history along with receipts for any repairs or mods.

There are loads of threads on here like dazzyvr6 says, try a search.

Good luck

Hope it works out

DM

hey bally...it coulda been that one then. not sure, i know it had a vr6 bonnet, a bit of a respray, new flushed fogs and front lights...

so how are you workin it with this corrado then? you got it yet>? so once you place a deposit its good as yours then? how soon till they want full payment?

Hey Sanj,

Not sure if the C had flushed lights etc.. :?

I havent got it yet!

bascially I explained to the bloke selling it (private sale) that I have to sell my car in order to pay for the C.. thing is he's now getting desperate for the £££, its been 3wks since I said yes to it.. :cry:

He wants the ££ asap, meaning I'll have to really reduce my car to buy it, which is a bummer cos my cars almost mint! :(

car markets very werid at mo, I've taken the car to shows, and had it on a stand at Trax, just not getting anyone who has the ££ to buy it :roll:

What you after then?