jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

prices cant be unreasonable otherwise you would be out of business!! i used to see one pro car valet guy washing a crysler (sp?) voyager every two weeks at one guys house i delivered to, and he was still there when i was finishing work 7 hours later!! id be stopping for a cup of tea every 45 minutes!! got to be dedicated to be able to polish and clean a chunk of plastic and metal to that standard--especially when its not even your own car!!

i look at it that im just practicing so when i do my own car it'll be the mutts nutts ;)

.....(in truth i actually use mine and my familys cars as practice for new products i use)

Simple one today although it was pretty messy after the owner having thrashed it round france for the past 2 weeks

IzuzuRodeo.jpg

(forgot my sodding camera again so you'll have to put up with the phone again)

Wheels cleaned... twice.

Body, Arches, Door shuts cleaned with TFR and scrubbed.

Rear load area cleaned and dressed.

Body shampoo'd and rinsed.

Layer or AG SRP applied.

Rubber dressed, Windows cleaned, Arches dressed, Tyres dressed.

Interior Vacuumed, Surfaces wiped

Leather treated.

pimp mobile...

Had some cool gadgets inside though. DVD player with screens in the rear and in the drivers rear view mirror!!! so you can watch DVDs while driving!!!

the rear view mirror screen doubled as a reversing camera though.

well for a start there is less chance you will drop it and gets grit all over it... and yes i do think it is better than a flat surfaced sponge where grit cant get trapped between the paint and the sponge and cause damage.

3corsameal, i use the Microfibre one. Its the square white one in halfords

Dr Forinor, Some megs stuff is good. I use the #7 show car galze for instance and Last Touch detail spray and the Clay. But most of the other products... i prefer AG. The trade products come in better sizes aswell and are priced well.

Meguirs quick clay is good- also bit safer than a trade bar.

AG radiant wax and compound range are excellent too.

Meguirs quick clay is good- also bit safer than a trade bar.

AG radiant wax and compound range are excellent too.

Yeah the quick clay is good. The AG radiant wax is the same as super resin polish. IMO a brilliant product that is massively under-rated!

Yeah the quick clay is good. The AG radiant wax is the same as super resin polish. IMO a brilliant product that is massively under-rated!

Dont get me going again :lol: - radiant has more of a cut than resin - even the autoglym sales guy told me theyre the same (THEY WORK COMPLETEY DIFFERENT, THEYRE NOT) - pleeeaase tell me youve noticed valet buddy lol.

Dont get me going again Laughing - radiant has more of a cut than resin - even the autoglym sales guy told me theyre the same (THEY WORK COMPLETEY DIFFERENT, THEYRE NOT) - pleeeaase tell me youve noticed valet buddy lol.

well either he is blowing smoke up your ass... or conrad, one of the co developers at autoglym is lying? I spent 2 days with him on the autoglym course. No one else was on the course that week, just me and him and i spent most of my time grilling him about all kinds of products. AG, swissol, zymol, megs etc etc. We even did car with some products from his private collection as there was no one else there and we seemed to get on well so he was showing me some other non AG good quality products. To be completely honest i havent used SRP in ages because i have radiant wax by the tin load. I will have to get a bottle and sample it again soon me thinks.

well either he is blowing smoke up your ass... or conrad, one of the co developers at autoglym is lying? To be completely honest i havent used SRP in ages because i have radiant wax by the tin load. I will have to get a bottle and sample it again soon me thinks.

Yep ive sworn by radiant for years -saved me lots of time and effort many a times lol.

SRP is the longlasting, top gloss etc for newer cars, has never 'renovated' paint for me.

AGR is for oxidised,swirly,dull older paint and is pretty good to mop with.