jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

im intrigued. Why would you feel the need to charge a customer to claybar a car that was only painted a month ago.

That Cayman did look good when comparing the fore and after shots but the paint is only just dry, Surely the clay and polish is not warranted.

Youd be surprised whats on the surface of a new car car. It could have been sat in a compound outdoors for six months. It could of been painted even further back.

not true. The production time of a Porsche is 2 weeks and the time from finish to delivery is less than a month.

Also the dealers use Parc Ferme as a a vallet company and they dont mess about.

Parc ferme are no different to any other decent valeting business - except for being french named of course LOL.

But i have no idea of porshes delivery time etc.....although i do know is NEVER trust a car dealership wether it be Aston or Hyundai Hehehe.

ture marcus, and besides naths only doin what the customer asks, if they want the full treatment they get the full treatment weather the cars only been outside for 2 mins or 2 mounths it can still be drity.

Hi

just back from a long weekend... write-ups to come...

I clay first as the car had been driven about for a day before i arrived to do my job. Although most panels came up clean it did pull some dirt off and just ensures the whole car is as clean as possible.

As for the charge... when you consider a dealer charges £300+ to apply 1 layer of a paint sealant.. My charge for the whole day and taking much more care in making sure the paint is clean before applying anything is more than worth the cost.

This TT had been collected on the 1st and had been driven around a little bit prior to my arrival.

After having a good look around the car (which is really really nice) it was on with the job.

Car soaked with TFR using the AB foam gun.

EricsAudiTT.jpg

Then clayed (even new cars can be dirty), SRP and then out with the EGP. I have used EGP a bit in the past but having moved on to other products it has been put to the back of the shelf. Great product though. A little bit hard to remove (especially on a white car... really hard to see where it is!) but well worth it. and its very durable.

Some arty-ish pics during the EGP stage

EricsAudiTT1.jpg

EricsAudiTT2.jpg

Then i applied some collinite 915, cleaned windows in and out, conditioned leather, dressed the tyres and took some photos :)

EricsAudiTT3.jpg

EricsAudiTT4.jpg

th_EricsAudiTT5.jpg th_EricsAudiTT6.jpg th_EricsAudiTT7.jpg th_EricsAudiTT8.jpg

EricsAudiTT9.jpg

th_EricsAudiTT10.jpg th_EricsAudiTT12.jpg th_EricsAudiTT13.jpg th_EricsAudiTT15.jpg

EricsAudiTT14.jpg

The white looked stunning once it was finished and came alive when it was in the sun. The owner was very pleasant and watched the WHOLE 7 hr process.

I got quite alot of interest in the carpark (which was full of nice cars... something called a dino... ??? ;) )

One young guy asked for a quote so i washed it and checked over the paint. Will be returning for this car in April but for now just a Regular Valet.

th_Porsche911turbo.jpg th_Porsche911turbo1.jpg th_Porsche911turbo2.jpg

th_Porsche911turbo3.jpg th_Porsche911turbo4.jpg th_Porsche911turbo5.jpg

Cheers

Nathan

Much the same as Saturdays detail.

Pre wash with AG TFR, Shampoo, Clay with Sonus Green Clay, Inspect paintwork and correct the odd patch of swirls and some odd random scratches (audi making a hash up of removing the transport film??) then SRP, EGP, Collinite 915, Glass, Leather, tyres.

Really enjoyed the past 3 days working with brand new cars. All 3 customer could see the benefit (and im not blowing my trumpet here)... but the benefit of having a pro detailer do the work compared to the dealer. The dealer wanted to charge the customers £300+ to apply 1 layer of paint sealant... and im sure we can all imagine how much care they might put into that job. I certainly dont see them spending 7hrs plus on one car.

Anyway.. im waffling...here are the photos.. not brilliant ones as it was low light and bad weather today im afraid.

th_DuncansAudiTT1.jpg th_DuncansAudiTT2.jpg th_DuncansAudiTT3.jpg th_DuncansAudiTT4.jpg th_DuncansAudiTT5.jpg

th_DuncansAudiTT6.jpg

sorry the write up and photos arent quite as good.

thanks

Nathan

I like the white TT...white cars are so coming back in fashion!

yeah it looked fantastic. i saw a white S3 the other day aswell and was chatting to a guy with a white lamo gallado aswell.

Jedi-knight83,

Most people on here (myself included) consider you to be THE daddy where vehicle detailing is concerned - so who's really gonna question what you do to a car??? :lol:

p.s. would you travel to (sunny) Kings Lynn for a job?

thanks for the compliment. I do consider myself to be in the higher end of the detailing sector but there are loads of others doing a job just as good as myself... they dont enjoy the photography or showing it off on forums as much as i do though so you rarely get to see their work.

I COULD come to KLynn but i'd charge a bit extra for travel. Maybe PM me an address and postcode and we can work something out

Arrived at 8:30 this morning to find a relatively clean Boxter. In the early morning sun you could see the swirls and lack of any depth though.

Wheels cleaned with AG wheel cleaner and Tar & Adhesive remover. Car pre sprayed with AG PM3 TFR and pressure rinsed. Then shampooed with AG shampoo and conditioner. Then clayed with sonus green mild clay and taped up and moved into the garage.

JohnsBoxter.jpg

Then a few tests with the rotary using a megs polishing pad. The car had received paint down both side and the paint was showing approx 300um and 120um on the boot and bonet. The 106FF did well but i stepped up to ip3.01 and this removed 99% of the marks after 8 passes at 1700rpm (slowing down to finish of course)

Borrowed a friends tripod so took som action shots as i worked around the car.

JohnsBoxter2.jpg

th_JohnsBoxter1.jpg th_JohnsBoxter3.jpg th_JohnsBoxter4.jpg

Didnt get round to taking many detailed shots but this was the boot which was one of the worst areas.

before

th_JohnsBoxter6.jpg

after

th_JohnsBoxter5.jpg

Then i took it back outside to wash again to remove all the polish dust and residue... and another action shot with my new favorite toy... at AB foam lance

JohnsBoxter7.jpg

Then i used HD cleanse on every surface which left a lovely glossy finish. Took a long time though as it was quite sticky today.

The out with the wax which was concours. Applied by hand and allowed to stand for 60 seconds before removing. Some action shots.. (notice the LONG fingers.. it was a slowish shutter and my hands were moving fast so they looked stretched.. there not really THAT long ;) )

JohnsBoxter9.jpg

JohnsBoxter10.jpg

Anyway did all the finishing dressings, glass cleaned with HDC and then also waxed. Interior cleaned and leather fed with gliptone liquid leather. Wiped down the car about 90 mins later with optimum car wax (instead of field glaze) and these are the finished pics...

JohnsBoxter11.jpg

JohnsBoxter12.jpg

JohnsBoxter15.jpg

th_JohnsBoxter13.jpg th_JohnsBoxter14.jpg th_JohnsBoxter16.jpg th_JohnsBoxter17.jpg th_JohnsBoxter18.jpg

11hrs later i got home.

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

that wouldn't be a Carrera GT under the covers per chance?

JohnsCGT.jpg

:roll:

detail to come on the 19 / 20 march.

unfortunately the 993 gt2 has been sold... but the 996 gt3 is still to come along with an e30 m3, 3.0CSL, merc E190 evo etc etc :wink:

back at this customers today doing one of his other cars (write up to come very shortly)

While i was there i washed the boxter again and took some better daylight pics.

Thanks for looking

th_Boxteragain.jpg th_Boxteragain1.jpg th_Boxteragain2.jpg th_Boxteragain4.jpg th_Boxteragain6.jpg

th_Boxteragain7.jpg th_Boxteragain8.jpg th_Boxteragain9.jpg th_Boxteragain11.jpg

I didnt bother taking many photos today...... only kidding...:lol:

So as most will know ive had this coming up for a few weeks now. Woke up just before my alarm went off this morning as i was quite excited about it.

Not sure if one of these has been posted on DW before?? Truely amazing car. First thing that hit me was the size of the thing. Its huge. Longer and wider than i was expecting. Then there are the wheels. 20" with 330 width tyres at the rear and 19" with 295 (if i remember correctly) up front and coming in at £8k a piece.

Anyway once i had finished drooling it was on with the job. The owner back it out (what a noise!) and i set about with washing. Pre sprayed with shampoo and rinsed and then shampooed with a washmit and 2 buckets.

th_PorscheCGT.jpg th_PorscheCGT2.jpg

It was at this point that the owner told me he had previously had Paul Dalton detail his car and that he had be extremely happy with the work i had done on his boxter (apart from the fact he wasnt keen on the liquid leather smell)... Knowing how good Pauls work is i was quite chuffed with this comment but also knew i had alot to live up to with the CGT...

Once dry it was back into the garage (i drove this time.. being very carefull with the £8k racing clutch). The paint actually felt quite rough so it was treated with sonus green clay and lots of last touch as lube to avoid any maring. This solved the roughness although the clay didnt show many signs of dirt.

PorscheCGT6.jpg

I had already checked the paint last week and knew there werent any defects so it was out with the premium pre wax paint cleanse. This was applied via finishing pad on the rotary at 600 rpm for the larger panels (yes it can be applied via machine with good effect. The smaller panels were treated by hand on an MF pad. Glass and all Carbon Fibre in and out was also treated by hand as were the wheels. Cleansing fluid was removed with a damp MF towel with last touch helping to remove any stubborn residue

PorscheCGT7.jpg

Then on with the premium wax which was 47% carnauba.. applied by hand to everything in and out.

th_PorscheCGT13.jpg th_PorscheCGT16.jpg th_PorscheCGT18.jpg

What little fabric there is on the interior was vacuumed and the inside glass cleaned. Wheeled back outside for the tyres to be dressed and for some photos. Wiped down just before i left with a spray wax.

The owner popped back to collect the keys at 5pm and was extremely happy commenting especially on how good the carbon fibre looked once it was all waxed up. I can look forward to a passenger ride in the near future and also possibly a track day. Yet again an absolute pleasure to work in a well equiped garage.

Now for the rest of the photos.

th_PorscheCGT19.jpg th_PorscheCGT20.jpg th_PorscheCGT24.jpg th_PorscheCGT26.jpg th_PorscheCGT27.jpg

th_PorscheCGT33.jpg th_PorscheCGT36.jpg th_PorscheCGT38.jpg th_PorscheCGT39.jpg

PorscheCGT21.jpg

PorscheCGT29.jpg

PorscheCGT30.jpg

PorscheCGT31.jpg

PorscheCGT32.jpg

PorscheCGT34.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nathan

:shock: AWESOME!! I bet that was fantastic to work on but at the same time i would be bricking it not to mess anything up!

Top work Nath :D

You lucky devil Nathan.

Great looking job on a beautiful car.

have you posted the pics up on the Pistonheads Porsche Forum? bound to get you some more porker work.