Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Biggerbigneil's Black VR6

Cool.. I see you totally ignored what I said about not having to dismantle the entire dash! lol

You need to plug vag-com in to see whats wrong with the ABS..

Yeah I know lol, I had actually done all of that before I spoke to you...

The handbrake cables linking to the actual hand brake are comedy!

The cables are done up at different strengths causing the hand brake to tilt towards the drivers side, thats quite easy to fix though.

I'm good at bodywork, okay at electrics and very basic when it comes to diagnosing engine and chassis problems - good learning though!

No idea how to work out whats wrong with the ABS, might have to take it to the garage for that

Good work Neil 8)

Must have been a bloody hot weekend for you doing all that!!! I may know of a set of speedies in good condition going for £150 - let me know if you're intersted and I'll find out if they're still available...

EDIT: Just a thought but my money would be on one of the front wheel speed sensors being faulty as this has just happened to me and it's a common problem (so I'm told)

Best place to take it for diagnostics would be The Phirm only a half hour drive down to the Hindhead crossroads and then down on the right...

Cheers Phil, will check out the Phirm, was actually thinking about trying them. There is a Blue Mk2 Golf gti, 4 door that I see every day going to Bracknell with "The Phirm" written on the back window, looks very nice!

It was uncomfortably hot working in the heat and polishing a car is a nightmare in the sun, had no other time to do it though.

I am interested in the Speedlines!

I was looking at paying about that if they come with decent tyres (good tread also) and the alloys are pretty much spotless. There are a fair few sets of Solitudes on ebay advertised as mk3 GTI alloys, but I prefer the speedlines.

If your mate has any pics that would be cool

Made a call about the Speedies... the guy isn't in the office today but will be later this week! I have a feeling he wanted in the region of £170-£180 for them - don't worry I'll say that's a crazy price and £150 is pretty much all he can expect...

Cheers Phil, I would definitely take them off his hands if they are in very good condition with tyres.

Where is cheap for refurbing 1 piece alloys? just in case I get my current ones done. Wicked wheels, Pristine and the other places that do splits want £200 to do a set. I paid that for my old Corrado but don't really want to spend that again.

we use fat wheels on the isle of sheppey, really good work. I can collect and drop off if need be for any forum members as i get a bit of a discount and i work on the island. The bodyshop round the corner from us does wheel refurbing too, £40 per wheel but not seen any of their work yet

Hope this helps

Gav

Just did a bit of research as bought the car off Samm_cvr6, top bloke, who was very friendly to deal with. He looks like he has spent a £%$^ load on this car looking at his previous posts: -

Rattly engine 2004/04

Engine blows up 2004/10

Engine rebuild including new cams, timing belt, chains (yes I know there should just be chains...) £1515 - I have a receipt for a recon engine and new crank in the folder 2004/10

New cylinder head 2005/04

Replaced valve seals, stretch bolts, gaskets and guides 2005/09

After this there are posts about poor running and ABS problems

Surely everything mechanical has now been replaced in the engine and it's elecrtical/software issues?

I'll get it vag-com'd and maybe get it on the rollers

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I think faulty sensors might be the problem... Its unlikely to be the ABS unit imo.. It will be electrical...

useful to know the history nof the car though :)

Hey Neil,

Hope the VR is running alright? I haven't driven any other VR's so have nothing to compare to but I knew there was something up with the suspension and remember mentioning to you when you picked it up, I have been told it might just be the top mounts but I would of thought if your going to do them then you might aswell just put new springs and shocks aswell as I dont know how old the suspension on the car is...

And what plans have you for the exhaust? Supersprint?

Sam

:wink:

hi mate

ive got a good set of speedlines, they are in real good nick and have 2 Continental Sport contacts & 2 Pirelli P 6000 tyres im looking for £150 for them inc. post.

PM me your email address and ill send you a pic of each wheel and ill tell you how much tread depth is on each.

Jimmi.............................................

I did make contact with the guy seeling the speedies - they're not in mint condition tbh so I'm trying to find out if he'll let them go for £100! Will let you know if I get a reply :?

Hi Phil, sorry thought this was your mate, my bad, I'd like a set that need nothing doing to them so if this set is mint I'll take them, thanks for looking for me Phil, much appreciated

No worries matey! I'll call my private detective and let him know his services are no longer needed :lol:

Hey Sam, how's it going?

Got the body work looking pretty smart, will post some more pics up next week, after some good speedlines to help with the looks.

Which top mounts did you think were knackered?

I'll have a look at the weekend. I think the current tyres haven't been balanced properley and the tracking is out causing the ride problems.

Do you know if the drivers seat is height adjustable?

Does the post on the engine above on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:27 pm sound correct to what has been done to the engine?

If so that must have cost a fair amount of time and money!

Not really sure about the exhaust, need to get it through the MOT and then I'll decide what to do, I'd like to keep it all original as there aren't many left on original brakes, shocks, alloys with no engine upgrades.

Neil

balls , just tried ringing them and number unobtainable, looks like it might be true, fecking balls, they did real good work.

Hey dude

ill mail you those pictures of the speedlines 2moro,

Sorry PHIL K I didnt mean to jump on anyones toes but i thought the other wheels where goin to be too expensive so i offered mine.

Jimmi.............................

okay I still really need a set of perfect speedlines (new/refurbed condition). This isn't mint, Phil, if your mates are better I might still be interested. These are still a good price however.

With regards the ABS light Neil, i've heard of a few cases where its a bad connection to the ABS controller / ECU that does it. If you disconnect the plug it connects to and have a look, its quite common for lots of crap and general corrosion in there to cause a bad connection - give it a damn good clean out and reconnect and it might sort out the ABS light.

The free things are always worth doing before paying out I guess! :)

Thanks Jim, will give that a go over the weekend!

Just got myself 4 speedline's that have just been refurbished by Pristine!

Just need to get some tyres sorted and she should be looking pretty good!

Fitted a new header tank and flushed the system also

There was this orangy crap all over the old header tank - thought it was coolant but it's not the right colour?