Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Plastic loose on door card

The plastic on my door card is coming off. At the top where it's supposed to go under the window.

Can I just get some carpet glue or something and stick it back down?

Mine to. I tried double sided carpet tape. It did not work. May be best if you try to clean under the vinyl prob get it to stick better.

Its another job I have to do :roll:

Still love the car though :D

Do you mean the vinyl covering on the surface of the door card?

This is a fairly common problem that can be helped by holding the vinyl in position and with the window down pinching the doorcard into the rubber lower window trim...

if that makes sense...

Do you mean the vinyl covering on the surface of the door card?

This is a fairly common problem that can be helped by holding in position and with the window down pinching the doorcard into the rubber lower window trim...

Hope that makes sence...

Yeah, the vinyl.

I'll try it with the window down, the door card doesn't seem to go underneath when the window has been up, and it's peeling away quite badly now. Might try a combo of your suggestion, and some sort of adhesive.

Mine does this, I can get it back in under the window rubber, but as soon as the car gets hot inside, it pops out again!

:mad:

Strong glue methinks.

tbh, i've never seen a corrado without the peeling vinyl :) Mine got it, too. I'll try something like a strong adhesive when I remember to do it :)

contact adhesive !! that will stick it ,you brush it on let it dry then push together ,majorly strong stuff which i think they use to stick leather on with ,can get it from wickes for about 8 quid for a tub ,i stuck some leather own with it then a few months after tried to rp it off and it pulled bits of wood with it !!!