Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

I took some pics of a mates S3.

Dscf6147.jpg

Dscf6148.jpg

Dscf6142.jpg

Jammy bugger picked up the plate from the DVLA for £250.. A cleverly placed numberplate screw and it will say S3 1.8T

VERY suprised the plate hadnt already been taken!

The car is beautiful. It's a bit of a poverty spec S3 as it doesnt have many extras, but a '99 model with only 30k on it is still very nice!

I do love the look of an S3..... I did go to buy one, which left me in a debate between this and a R32!!!

The R32 did it for me.... The engine sound is awesome but the quality of an S3 is superb... I just think the 4cyl engine lets the Audi down...

Ok, I no its fast enough but just sounds like a 1.8t golf :(

hmmm tough choice.. S3 or R32. My mate had the same dilema. Like him, I think I would have gone with the S. His is beautiful inside. Full black leather... none of that gaudy blue alcantara rubbish.

The sound, although similar, isnt like a mk4 gti. It seems to growl more than a Golf.

mmmm.... i miss mine. :(

when you say its low spec.... ? there werent many things on the options list really. cruise, parking sensors, sunroof, bose hifi... nothing important though. the essintial stuff was all there as standard. great cars.

tell him to put 32psi in the front tyres and 36psi in the rears. transforms the handling for free! :D i ran this for about 10k miles and it had no adverse effects on tyre wear either.

I've got an Audi A4 tdi quattro at the moment 2002 model...180bhp, and that thing fly's...

4wheel drive certainly is amazing, i noticed that in my r32... I used to push that to the extreme through the country..... I raced an S3 once through carriage ways while it was p*ssing it down with rain... Brilliant race but he backed of at the round abouts, were i was going through them sideways :):):) Oh i miss that car!!!!

mmmm.... i miss mine. :(

when you say its low spec.... ? there werent many things on the options list really. cruise, parking sensors, sunroof, bose hifi... nothing important though. the essintial stuff was all there as standard. great cars.

tell him to put 32psi in the front tyres and 36psi in the rears. transforms the handling for free! :D i ran this for about 10k miles and it had no adverse effects on tyre wear either.

he has the sub in the boot, but not the 14 (or how eve rmany) speaker bose system. It has cc'd mirrors not chrome, it has 17's and not 18's, i'm pretty sure there is no cruise, there def aint parking sensors.. Compared to the S3 a fella used to have at my work it is quite basic spec. Beautiful, but basic. You dont see many grey ones either!

Oh yeah, the first owner specified full leather but without the heating. The seats have the loom but there are no dash switches!

Not that any of that really matters as the previous 2 owners looked after this car REALLY well..

When he went to view it the seller wouldnt let him see it until he'd leathered the rain off it!!!

Those tyre pressures seem a little high!

Cool pics Rob, cousin had a really nice fully loaded S3 remapped lowered etc until a lorry hit him & rolled the thing...

Sporting an M5 now.. :-)

His is beautiful inside. Full black leather... none of that gaudy blue alcantara rubbish.

Not all alcantara is gaudy, IMHO :roll:

he has the sub in the boot, but not the 14 (or how eve rmany) speaker bose system. It has cc'd mirrors not chrome, it has 17's and not 18's, i'm pretty sure there is no cruise, there def aint parking sensors.. Compared to the S3 a fella used to have at my work it is quite basic spec. Beautiful, but basic. You dont see many grey ones either!

Oh yeah, the first owner specified full leather but without the heating. The seats have the loom but there are no dash switches!

Not that any of that really matters as the previous 2 owners looked after this car REALLY well..

When he went to view it the seller wouldnt let him see it until he'd leathered the rain off it!!!

Those tyre pressures seem a little high!

Well the sub in the boot was standard. The Bose system just added better speakers, an extra amp and a better sub. The 17s were standard on all S3's untill late 2002 maybe ever 2003. They were not even an option on early cars. I prefer the colour coded mirrors. the Alu ones are a peice of enginering brilliance... but a bit chavvy if you ask me. Also.. very few have heated seats... the the other options dont really detract from the car.

Nah those tyre pressures are THE ones to use. trust me. i played with about 10 different combinations before finding the perfect one. And like i said... it didnt effect tyre wear. get him to try it and if he doesnt feel the difference... i'll eat my .... *looks round for nearest object*..... laptop! ;)

Nice. 8)

I was going to have one in that colour,but a black one came to me at the right price.

Got my plate off the DVLA for the same price!

Jimbo,snap!