Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Storm

Is this a dying waterpump?

A few days ago I gave the C an oil & filter change. I also took the oppertunity to drain the coolant, flush using holts and refill.

After doing the work I went for a spin and she was running great....

The next morning I left for work and things weren't so good! A leak has developed near the coolant drain plug, I assumed the plug was loose so climbed under the engine for a look - the leak is not coming from the plug. I cannot see where the leak is but it is in that area - waterpump?

A tappetty kinda noise has also developed when the engine is cold. The noise increases with engine speed (it sounds a bit like a couple of ball-bearings rattling in a can which leads me to the water pump again). The noise goes away after a few minutes of running. Also when switching off the engine a squeak can be heard for a second.

Ok, I'm pretty sure this is my waterpump giving up but just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

Ideas anyone?

Could well be. had to change mine a couple of weeks back, was making a nasty noise as the bearings were shot!.

Its cheap ~ £25 from GSF and easy enough to change. Do a serach on here there's a guild somewhere to replacing the water pump, it's pretty usefull.