davejchapman

ABS Pump

Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the VW ETKA cd, and would do me an enormous favour and check to see if the ABS Pump on a 95 VR6 Corrado is the same part as the pump on a Golf VR or indeed any other VW?

Has anyone had a pump fail and been stupid enough to phone VW for a price of a new one??? I nearly fell of my chair :shock: !!!!!

Cheers

David.

The Corrado pump is the ATE Mk4 system and the Golf 3 used this system on the VR6 up to the 95-model year when it changed to the Mk20 system. The older versions of ETKA, up to 6.30, incorrectly list the RHD VR6 ABS pump as being non-EDL, which we all now is 80110

Thanks for the reply Crasher - very useful info. The fault code that the VAG-COM software is reporting is a faulty valve on the offside rear (i think).

David.

Crasher, Welcome to the forum Steve 8)

Some good info there - feel free to write some articles for our knowledge base :lol:

Dave, this is the VAG-COM print out for one I have just done,

Address 03: ABS Brakes

Controller: 1H0 907 379 E

Component: ABS/EDS TEVES 04

2 Faults Found:

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46)

04-00 - Mechanical Malfunction

01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)

16-00 - Signal Outside Specifications

There was nothing wrong with the pump (even though it was rebuilt as a precaution), or the rear wheel speed sensors (still, we replaced all four) and it was all down to a rusty ECU. I had the ECU repaired and whilst it was away, replaced all the terminals in the plug with gold plated AMP items. We also had the windscreen pulled and I repaired the frame before the fitters came back and put in a new genuine screen and full seal/trim set.

Supercharged, thanks for the welcome and if there is something specific as regards an article you think would be of help, just ask and it will be done.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but does anyone know of companies that can repair our ABS parts as mentioned above or are they chuck away parts these days?