Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

no power to starter

cars all back together :D but ive got no power to the starter solenoid :( is there a fuse on this anywhere looked on the fuse cover and there doesnt seem to be a starter fuse. :roll:

I don't believe there is a fuse for the solenoid but there is the load reduction relay which is no. 4 on the box that you can check , I'd first check the ignition switch and the wiring of the starter .

Imobiliser or Ignition switch - you can try a new one without actually fitting it...

(just remember to release the steering lock if you start to drive it :lol:)

i havent touched the wiring of the starter and its not the ignition switch ive got a starter button pretty sure its not the immobilser but its a clifford so anythings possible!! ill check the relay cheers.

if it's been disconnected from the battery for a long time the immobiliser will have probably shat itself.

bypass it and see if you can get the car to run. if you can, ring your nearest clifford dealer and they'll come and take the brain out and send it back to clifford for reprogramming.

ill give that ago it appears to be disarming ok as the warning lights dont come on when its armed and they are coming on now i think something has shrted out not sure where though. i take it i can just feed the solenoid 12v and the starter will spin?

well the solenoid is clicking like it should but the starters is just not turning the engine its a new starter so i guess it must just be a duff starter. oh well off it comes!!

yep voltage is there the solenoid is clicking i think something is sticking inside it as it makes a different noise every time i try it, ive tried tapping it with a hammer but no luck yet.

check the earth strap between the solenoid and the starter body.

also, if you've had anything in bits, you probably have a bad (or no) earth from the gearbox to the battery. where is the main erath strap currently wired?

main earth from the box to the battery looks good ill check the other earths good batting think man! hows the pain btw?

looks good isn't good enough, measure the resistance.

also, where have you put the battery earth to engine?

pain is great, got stung by a wasp this afternoon to add to it all, thanks,

ill check that tomorrow the earths are all as std not touched them but ill go over them all where is best to erth the battery to the engine?1

lol youd have no luck if not for bad luck at the minute mate!