Sign in to follow this  
Rado__Tom

Quick ? about ignition timing

Ive just put a new oil seal in the dizzy, so wanted to double check the timing is spot on. Ive got a timing light. From what i have found from searches i take the plug thing out (on top of the gearbox) and find the timing mark on the flywheel

How do i move the flywheel round to get the mark so i can put a dab of tippex on it, is there an easy way

cheers

tom

What car is it? on the G60 you need to unplug the BTS after starting to set it up...

To move the mark round stick the car in gear and pull it fwd to move the engine round to tdc

sorry 4got to say its the 1.8 16v. Also will the mark be 0 deg so i have to set my gun to 6 deg or is the mark 6 deg on the flywheel so i set my gun to 0?

Normally both marks, depends which one you want to use. i always use tdc and therefore set the gun to 6deg or what ever.

edit: i believe that the red and black wire needs to be removed but there is some controversy over this point.