Sign in to follow this  
paulg60

watch out fuel leak

just discovered a fuel leak on my C g60 the pipe that goes from the fuel rail to the cold start valve had cracked/perished. so if you can smell petrol id look there first

I had a leak from the very same pipe in march when i collected the car from the garage, wait for it...................... after they had just MOT and serviced it. Yeah right! bet they did not even know where the bonnet release lever was.

Hmmmm it seems there's a common fault here I just cant put my finger on it :D I had a leak here too when my head was done!! I thought that the sensoe is a pressure sensor so that it runs the fuel pump after the the engine is shut off to stop fuel vapourisation in the fuel pipes?

i also had to replace this pipe not so long ago and whilst we are on the subject of common problems i think it would be worth checking your brake servo vacumn pipe mine had worn through resulting in no brakes when i rang around trying to get this pipe seconhand seems like a few people having same trouble at the moment

hth

funky

think it might be about time to start a common fault section :lol:

I agree, all of the particular Corrado models were built within a fairly close timeframe e.g. G60's were only built for a couple of years.

If a particular item has worn badly on one vehicle then the chances are that other vehicles of the same engine type (and therefore similar age) will also suffer from the same problem.

Maybe the existing "problems" section could be split into seperate sections for each engine type ??

think it might be about time to start a common fault section :lol:

I agree, all of the particular Corrado models were built within a fairly close timeframe e.g. G60's were only built for a couple of years.

If a particular item has worn badly on one vehicle then the chances are that other vehicles of the same engine type (and therefore similar age) will also suffer from the same problem.

Maybe the existing "problems" section could be split into seperate sections for each engine type ??

I agree that a "known common problems and fixes" section with specific points and cures/fixes/solutions per model in it would be REALLY useful, BUT it would have to be a MOD only update section else you'd never find what you need in there 'cos of all of the "I just found this site and it's really good" posts... :roll:

I know that it's great to post that kind of thing in a forum (that's what they're for after all! :lol: ) but in a section like you're talking about making, it needs to be more of a knowledge bank than a forum which can go off on wierd and wacky tangents at a moments notice.... Similar to how this thread has turned into this discussion... :? :lol:

I hope you get what I'm trying to say... I think the idea is great, but it would need stricter MODing to make it workable and useful and not just end up with chaos...

I agree that a "known common problems and fixes" section with specific points and cures/fixes/solutions per model in it would be REALLY useful, BUT it would have to be a MOD only update section else you'd never find what you need in there 'cos of all of the "I just found this site and it's really good" posts... :roll:

I know that it's great to post that kind of thing in a forum (that's what they're for after all! :lol: ) but in a section like you're talking about making, it needs to be more of a knowledge bank than a forum which can go off on wierd and wacky tangents at a moments notice.... Similar to how this thread has turned into this discussion... :? :lol:

I hope you get what I'm trying to say... I think the idea is great, but it would need stricter MODing to make it workable and useful and not just end up with chaos...

I agree, each potential problem would also need to be correctly titled.

Yeah, i had this prob too. Pulled the pipe off, cut about an inch off the end and stuck it back on. All fine now...

For ages my car has stunk of petrol. When my car is running and when I turn it off. Where is this "Fuel rail pipe"

For ages my car has stunk of petrol. When my car is running and when I turn it off. Where is this "Fuel rail pipe"

If you have a G60, the pipe fits just behind the passenger's side of the cam cover. One end attatches to the end of the fuel rail & the other end fits onto a sensor mounted just above it. The pipe is approx 6 inches long.

We have replaced several in the last few months aswell, they usallly split when we remove the hose to fit our fuel pressure gauge when we do a fuel pressure test. The hose to the gauge has gradually got shorter as we have cut it to use as replacement to the fuel pressure switch LOL.

Common faults we come accross on a regular basis which need to be covered in a comon fault section.

Failing CO pot

Damaged knock sensor/cable

Perished Fuel injector wiring harness

Failing Hall senders

Failing Fuel pump

Split/perished vacume hoses

Leaking charger baffle boxes

Worn front engine mount

Can more or less walk up to any G60 and find at least 2 of the above problems. Quite happy to write some descriptiomns on how to diagnose and fix the problems.