Sign in to follow this  
yellowg60

Couple of questions

Hello,

I have just bought Walesys yellow G60, which is a top car, however, I have a couple of quick questions, if anyone can help I would be grateful (I did a search but no luck :? )

First up I filled the car up, £35 worth, so the pump clicked, ie no more petrol could go in, but the gauge only showed that it was 3/4s full, any ideas?

Secondly, it came with a boost return deletion kit (a bit of hose, a small filter and a blanking plate), any ideas on how to fit it?

Cheers in advance fellas,

Simon.

Ah welcome aboard! She's quite a beaut :)

Are you sure the pump actually filled the tank all the way and it wasn't just an airlock in the pump? I've had the pump click-off on me before and yet when you pull the trigger again it keeps filling for quite a while after.

No idea on the boost return deletion tho.

Hi Simon!

The boost return kit is easy to fit.

The blanking plate is placed on the charger´s inlet (right top side).

The hose that´s connected there will come of the car.

The small filter is for the valve rocker cover i believe...

Keep posting! :)

Cheers for the response Dinkus, she seems to be a good un for sure, ordered some German plates which should be here by the end of the week and now have some 17" BBS RCs, when these are fitted I will post some picces up. Otherwise it just looks like Walesys car, not mine :wink:

Anyways, I tried a few times with the pump and no luck, but how much dosh should it cost to fill the beast? I dont think it was an airlock?

Any help on the boost deletion kit would still be good chaps :D

Simon.

I guess as it's a G60, it'll be early spec, so will have a 50litre tank. Later cars came with a 70litre tank.

It could be that the float is caught on something inside the tank, or that the sender on the fuel pump needs tweaking.

The pump is under the black hatch on the driver's side of the boot floor. It's a bit of a pain to get in there and not really recommended when the tank's full cos you'll be up to your elbow in petrol.

The Fuel tank is about 55 litres, and about 50 from the top of the red to full. Ergo about $50! sadly :cry:

Edit: Dinkus beat me too it!

Cheers for the response Kongo127, blanking plate, easy, filter, easy, I think :lol: , its the pipe I dont get where it goes? Does anyone have any pics by any chance of one installed?

Cheers for the info on the fuel gauge prob, I think I will try and fill it up again tonight, if it does not work, I will have to have a play with the sender :?

Keep the posts coming about the boost return deletion kit please, pics would be a bonus :wink:

Cheers,

Simon.

Following on from kongo...

Worth mentioning that the boost return outlet on the throttle body is left open to the elements (it only blows never sucks :turn-l: )

And you have to have some form of collector to catch all the fumes from the engine breather on the cam cover as this will no longer be connected to the boost return pipe as you've just ditched the boost return.

And I think the little filter fits on the back of the ISV (runs parallel to the engine in front of the throttle body) as the pipe originally connected here has also been ditched with the boost return pipe.

Clear as mud and I may be (usually I am) wrong.

By the way do all G's whistle on part throttle when this mod is done or is it just luck of the draw (lucky if it don't whistle)???