Sign in to follow this  
joby

Peugeot 306 XSi

Just Bought a 306 XSI for the missus after reading excellent Reviews on this car, My mate works at a dealers and a tidy 94 L plate Red 3 door came in with all the goodies on they sold it me trade for £1200 And i looked forward to driving it home :shock: What a dissapointment i expected more from the 2 litre engine and the handling wasn`t what i expected either, plenty off understeer and its got 4 new goodyears on too. The build Quality of the cabin is not a patch on the Corrado or the Rest of the car, Just goes to show how good the corrado is My 1.8 16v Would leave it standing on every score :p 8)

my missus. and both parents drive pugs, the build quality is really bad, so many rattles and plastic squecks. the only good 306 was the gti6 and that was a let down

My brother drives a 306 GTI, I agree with G60Jet, it's a let down. My brother hyped it up when he got it. How fast, good around corners, etc....

I gave him my VR6 keys for the day and told him to find some open PRIVATE road. He didn't want to give them back. He had the C ear to ear grin. Smiles per miles, the C always wins.

My mate at work has got a 306 Rallye and it is such an even match for my VR6 down any road it's embarassing. Apparently it's the same drivetrain as a Gti-6 but with none of the luxuries so it's lighter.

I've driven it and it goes like stink but you have to wind the windows up by hand.

I'd never want to own one but I'd never get into a race with one! :?

have u got an 8v xsi or a 16v? the 8v are shite :p I own a 306 Dturbo - tweeked the fuelling a turbo, and its about the same speed as the xsi 8v! Theres not much between a Rallye and a Gti6... but either should be able to beat a standard G60, and will be a close match to a standard VR6

have u got an 8v xsi or a 16v? the 8v are shite :p I own a 306 Dturbo - tweeked the fuelling a turbo, and its about the same speed as the xsi 8v! Theres not much between a Rallye and a Gti6... but either should be able to beat a standard G60, and will be a close match to a standard VR6

Its an 8 Valve, I Just thought it would`ve had more poke an 8 valve series 2 GTI would run rings around I know I had one The old K JET Slightly Modded But Very Fast 8) :evil:

best one is the S16 306 same as GTI-6 but 5 gears and lighter rapid machine...just abt keeps up with a G60 if not beat it with a dangerous driver

1994 s16 was a limited edition had 165bhp

S16 wasn't a limited edition,and neither did it have 165bhp it had as Shilakadaddy rightly pointed out "only" 155bhp it was the range-topping 306 til they revised it and brought out the 306 GTi6(from 97 onwards AFAIR) which had 167bhp and then they brought out the mechanically identical 306 Rallye which was really the limited edition and was stripped of all luxuries and had rave reviews for its better accl and driver appeal

only the 94 was a LTD EDT i know coz i had one i know coz i had it on rolling road before and after LTD Edt also had alcantera where as all the other s16 had velour and there was no ABS on the LTD EDT

only the 94 was a LTD EDT i know coz i had one i know coz i had it on rolling road before and after LTD Edt also had alcantera where as all the other s16 had velour and there was no ABS on the LTD EDT

it maybe was an early model S16 you had then..........but given that peugeot/citroen had used a near identical(if not the same) 155bhp engine in other models(405mi16 and ZX 16v for example)i find it hard to believe that they upped it to 165bhp for a short Ltd Edition run which after having looked thru my collection of car mags(every autocar,most performance car and most what-car) from 1994 not one of them has any mention of this ltd ed btw.......i'm not saying that you are lying just that you are maybe confusing a "modded" 306 S16 that someone has claimed to be a limited edition one

the car was a one owner car and 100% standard i wouldnt think the owner who was 52 yr old would have modded the engine for no special reason although i did LOL.......Same reason i got the s16 pimp Rallye to hard to find and this s16 had some creature comforts too...was meant to get a G60 than but was too hard to find a nice one gave up

how many of u guys have stuffed a 306 rallye lately ?

0-60 6.9 137 mph flat out corners a treat hmmmmmm.

vr6 only worthy chaps

g60 chip and pulley maybe :twisted: individual

would be fun with a G60

would also be quite hard finding 2 cars rare as each other on one same road

how many of u guys have stuffed a 306 rallye lately ?

0-60 6.9 137 mph flat out corners a treat hmmmmmm.

vr6 only worthy chaps

g60 chip and pulley maybe :twisted: individual

:roll:

AFAIK, There was a 2.0 16 valve peugeot/citroen engine which was twin cam 16 valve ACAV engine and had coil pack like the 20vT and had some sort of variable inlet, but the later 2.0 16v used normal coil and wasnt ACAV.

I drive a GTi6 & I've managed to whoop a few G60s! 8) The only Corrado that will keep up with a GTi6/Rallye is a VR6 but the Pug will leave you around the twisties ! I love Corrado's though without doubt one of the best affordable coupes ever made ! I just thought I'd chuck in a Peugeot perspective ! 306 XSi are good but not in the same league as a GTi6/Rallye ! 8) :twisted:

Mod Edit: Duplicate pic removed. VR